Last week wrap-up Lower Rennies!

Martin Berrigan

Mar 5, 2023, 4:56:30 PM3/5/23
Well as far as I am concerned the warbler's at Lower Rennies have made it thru more then we could have imagined,along with the other lot of Creeper's ,Black Capps,Junco's,Song Sparrow,Flicker's and a Downy.All warbler's and Brown Creeper seen today.At one time there all by myself the Yellow-throated just relaxed on the dead-wood stick they use as a lean to,to the slanted jelly bowl.He stayed there 7 minutes before he decided to have a good meal of jelly,all in all he was on the stick about 11 munutes straight.The Orange-crown was full of life and flying high into the canopy,very very active.As B.F alerted me to today,"it won't be long now Gerard until it warms up and they leave", and then I thought jump'ns he is right Pippin skidattled on the 25th of March so there time now should be no longer then 35 day's at the longest,possibly 20 at the shortest.F.P said he saw a fly,I figure he just has shadows in his eyes like us all,just kidding!Anyway this will be my last post on them,I have little clean-up's to do this week and now the maintenance of the site will be so so so easy.On the 11th it's cloudy and that weather along with sunshine dominates right up until somewhere around the 20th,that's ten day's straight no clean-up's,no 5:30 to 6 a.m getting up.The journey of getting warbler's thru winter brings about almost every emotion when you are highly invested,the good,the bad,and the ugly!, what can one say,sometimes I go mad!!!.It's so chill now to know all will be alright,we can't stop a hawk or a falcon or an owl but that's on them now,they know where they are outside,it's the Wild Kingdom,watch your back always and sleep with one eye open.Our team of Cinthia Mercer,Helen Jones and Judy Blakely and myself,I want to say one last time it was a pleasure to Team up with you amazing,fantastic Ladies,you cared first,you saved them,I just came on-board after you Ladies initiated the process.To the people who made donation's Thank-you it all helped,KD and J.P donated a lot to my cause,a lot and to the other's who contributed during those bitter day's at times it was your food helping them thru.Of course we will follow e-bird and report here last sighting,I find that information very important,and remember most of all,No hugging The Willow tree,haha.Geard