Mundy Pond: Song Sparrow & American Wigeon.

Howard Clase

May 13, 2022, 10:50:47 AM5/13/22
I went to Mundy Pond to get a Covid jab at the walk-in clinic, only to find that it was closed today from a notice on the door. (Nothing on the website about a closure.).

So as not to waste my journey I went for a little walk and was surprised to find 3 American Wigeon drakes, one with a partner, and hear a Song Sparrow singing, but no Savannahs. Quite different from the 1960's when I first started birding here, Song Sparrows were unheard of and Savannahs would have been everywhere by now. Not too many American Wigeon then either.