Wow!Storn day and it ain't pretty/Warbler extravaganza!

Martin Berrigan

Feb 18, 2024, 1:30:23 PMFeb 18
Here is the morn'n,it was challenging but my Honda Fit went into deep snow at both the Ruff site Twice,Long Bill YTW site three times.I drive in and do a circle and drive out,then I drive back in and get on a stretch,I park car before the stretch and it performed like a trooper,all sites full of snow,Ruff and Rennies outflow fed early a.m.By end of 2:30 here was my schedule:6 clean-up's at Short Bill site/3 at Long Bill/2 Ruff/3 Pine warbler site/3 South-side road site/1 Kelly's Brook/1 Lower Rennies.It was a tumultous day but hopefully all make roll call,it's not cold out.Now it's sunny and the world,rather the bird sites are at peace,the world is a mess.Gerard

Martin Berrigan

Feb 19, 2024, 4:56:50 PMFeb 19
On Sunday, February 18, 2024 at 3:00:23 PM UTC-3:30, Martin Berrigan wrote:
> Here is the morn'n,it was challenging but my Honda Fit went into deep snow at both the Ruff site Twice,Long Bill YTW site three times.I drive in and do a circle and drive out,then I drive back in and get on a stretch,I park car before the stretch and it performed like a trooper,all sites full of snow,Ruff and Rennies outflow fed early a.m.By end of 2:30 here was my schedule:6 clean-up's at Short Bill site/3 at Long Bill/2 Ruff/3 Pine warbler site/3 South-side road site/1 Kelly's Brook/1 Lower Rennies.It was a tumultous day but hopefully all make roll call,it's not cold out.Now it's sunny and the world,rather the bird sites are at peace,the world is a mess.Gerard
All birds two YTW's,one Pine warbler and The Ruff were seen today,all birds made roll call.Gerard

Martin Berrigan

Feb 21, 2024, 12:05:40 PMFeb 21
I just noted a mass exodus of Duck's,Wigeon's,and Black ducks from the Virginia outflow where Ruff is staked out,this was great as the Ruff can now eat without having to deal with over 200 ducks,finally a break but it's weird,it's still cold but these bird's the Ruff/the two YTW's and the Pine are now all tough birds who have weathered everything Nature in Nfld can throw at them.The change in weather is just around the corner.I have a Robin out front eating Rose Hips off a neighbor's tree and blueberries I put outy found a bag in the freezer.Winter ends on Friday a big change and I do not see any weather of any concern.Pine warbler site obliterated the suet cage last week,very little left I was shocked.Gerard