Lower Rennies

Martin Berrigan

Mar 17, 2023, 2:11:44 PM3/17/23
I just checked e-bird and noted that C.F pictured the Yellow-throated to be wet and reported the warbler to be in poor shape,as soon as I saw the picture it was quite evident that the outer feather's were wet,but the warbler was still full sized,for example if a bird were truly wet thru-out then the bird would look very small as if the feather's and down would be hugging the small body of the bird such as what happens with a oiled bird.It got real warm down at the Willow yesterday and I guess Yellow-throated decided to have a bath.I went there and pictured the bird just twenty minutes ago and sure enough Ol Yeller just had a bath yesterday and his feather's are perfect,and he's still bullying Orange juice and both are full of energy.Now!,he does look grumpy by nature,but yesterday was the last day he got meal-worm ,it's always stached in the bark of the tree where he likes to go,I'm still accepting any donation's but I will not buy any more,I'm tapped out financially and will only provide suet and Grape-jelly but if people would like Ol Yeller to have his favorite little treat,I live at 48 Rennies Mill rd,since I stach them in the tree I use very little per-day so if a bag of meal-worm shows up on my door-step Ol Yeller will be one happy warbler.Downy and Song Sparrow also present,no Creeper's and suet is never pasted on the Willow tree as it's too mild and would be damaging to the bark as it is so wet lately.Gerard