The Glaucous gull at the Lake

Martin Berrigan

Mar 25, 2023, 7:50:01 AM3/25/23
This gull reported numerous times to be weak and injured went thru a terrible day attacked often and taken in the sky by the eagles just to fight back and I have a picture where the gull smashes his beak into the claw leg of the eagle and the eagle releases the gull,it was time surely to end this suffering and I wished the bird a quick end but this is not the way it ended,late in the day the flock of gulls came in and rested with the Glaucous gull,this am I'm relieved to see the gull is gone,whether taken early am or perished and went in the water the bird will no longer suffer endlessly and it may have been taken late evening.There is a Otter at the Rennies outflow into the lake,all gulls are at the East end of the lake and the Otter is catching lots of fish.Lower Rennies site all cleared of snow and all birds showed up,after a second clean-up it appears the storm is now ended so a third visit later and they are good for the day.Mocking bird site also cleared of snow but no sign of him.No eagles on the ice this am.Gerard