Four year old Bald eagle! Quidi Vidi Lake

Martin Berrigan

Jan 9, 2024, 6:49:41 AMJan 9
I spotted the eagle yesterday later in the evening and now this a.m the eagle is in the big tree's by the bandstand on the North side first thing this morn'n,same tree's the Peregrine hangs out in.May be an easrly morn'n hunt happen at lakeside.Ruff fine this am at the run-out happy to see the big breakfast arrive.Once again seed,seed,seed,then scurry live worm's and mealworm back of the ducks as he will always come in from the back of ducks feeding,best of luck Ruff.Two huge Ravens eating scraps on the Spit and left when I arrived.Gerard

Martin Berrigan

Jan 10, 2024, 6:39:57 AMJan 10
On Tuesday, January 9, 2024 at 8:19:41 AM UTC-3:30, Martin Berrigan wrote:
> I spotted the eagle yesterday later in the evening and now this a.m the eagle is in the big tree's by the bandstand on the North side first thing this morn'n,same tree's the Peregrine hangs out in.May be an easrly morn'n hunt happen at lakeside.Ruff fine this am at the run-out happy to see the big breakfast arrive.Once again seed,seed,seed,then scurry live worm's and mealworm back of the ducks as he will always come in from the back of ducks feeding,best of luck Ruff.Two huge Ravens eating scraps on the Spit and left when I arrived.Gerard
The four year old eagle is back in the tree by the Bandstand again this a.m.The Ruff made Roll Call and he looks just fine,this is the last cold day and he has come thru it like a trooper.Now next 14 day's call for much more warmer temperatures.Both the Yellow-throated warbler's are at they're distinctive feed sites this a.m.There is no run-out at Bridge by Dominion but the run-out continues at Virginia outflow.The Ruff did join the crew this morn'n,if I spend 50 seconds just to get the food out and I scramble that's it.I have been feeding the Ruff four times a day a huge bag of feed and he feed's with the family of Ducks.If one does go to the Spit do not forget if you have seed throw a lot in the rocky parts as he can get into the cracks where a Ducks bill cannot,it will be rewarding to do the morn'n feed tomorrow at Zero degree's,as grass and habitat free's up I will tone down the food amount but for the cold spurt it had to be done.That Eagle up in that tree is a beauty,crows just moved in to harrass him at 7:45 a.m. No wind at the Lake,ice covered a marbled grey,what a morn'n!.Gerard

Martin Berrigan

Jan 18, 2024, 9:00:05 PMJan 18
The 4 year old eagle at the Lake,well he's shy of 4 years old by a month and a half.Hunts from the pole light and on building close to West end Rennies river outflow into Quidi vidi lake,in my opinion,this is the same eagle exhibiting the same behavior from last year when he was in his third year,quite arrogant and not shy at all.Gerard