Ship Island Witless Bay fulmar count June 14, 2022

ILJones

Jun 14, 2022, 6:09:42 PM6/14/22
We did a quick boat run today around Witless Bay. The usual seabirds in the usual numbers were present. Fifteen adult Northern Gannets were seen seeking prey, especially off Mobile - no floating carcasses recorded. No 'bait' schools and no whales seen today.

We looked at Ship Island closely and tallied 28 Northern Fulmars present on 20 sites including 8 new sites where we have not observed birds previously.

The photogenic Bald Eagle nest on the north side of Mobile bay was occupied by a pair :-)

ilj, jw, Arwen