Lack of nest boxes

Helen Jones

May 10, 2022, 5:36:30 AM5/10/22
Apparently swallows have been seen at Bidgoods but there is a lack of boxes

Brendan Kelly

May 11, 2022, 7:42:12 AM5/11/22

If someone is willing to pay for or supply the materials, I will build the boxes and place them at the park within 10 days.

Materials needed:
All 4 sides and bottoms are made from 1" x 6" boards
Tops are made from 1" x 9" boards
1.5" screws
Wood glue

Good birding!
Brendan

Howard Clase

May 11, 2022, 11:42:24 AM5/11/22
How much do you need?

Brendan Kelly

May 11, 2022, 1:45:42 PM5/11/22
1 box requires:

9" of 1"x9" board
60" of 1"x6" board
10 wood screws 1.5"

Brendan Kelly

May 11, 2022, 1:48:48 PM5/11/22
The park could easily hold 10 boxes

Howard Clase

May 11, 2022, 4:19:19 PM5/11/22
On Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 15:18:48 UTC-2:30, Brendan Kelly wrote:
> The park could easily hold 10 boxes
I meant cash.

Brendan Kelly

May 11, 2022, 6:07:48 PM5/11/22
$125

Brendan Kelly

May 11, 2022, 8:49:07 PM5/11/22
For 10 nest boxes*

Howard Clase

May 12, 2022, 10:30:04 AM5/12/22
On Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 22:19:07 UTC-2:30, Brendan Kelly wrote:
> For 10 nest boxes*
I'm willing to contribute $25.

ruthj...@gmail.com

May 12, 2022, 11:04:09 AM5/12/22
On Wednesday, May 11, 2022 at 10:19:07 PM UTC-2:30, Brendan Kelly wrote:
> For 10 nest boxes*
Hi Brendan
How can we send you some money? Thanks

John Williams

May 12, 2022, 12:04:38 PM5/12/22
I'll contribute $25.00 but need a way to send it eg. etransfer ?

ilwi...@gmail.com

May 12, 2022, 12:32:31 PM5/12/22
I'll also contribute

Brendan Kelly

May 12, 2022, 1:49:11 PM5/12/22
E-transfers can be sent to brendankelly00(AT)hotmail.com. Thats 2 zeros in the email address

John B

May 12, 2022, 3:05:22 PM5/12/22
On Thursday, May 12, 2022 at 3:19:11 PM UTC-2:30, Brendan Kelly wrote:
> E-transfers can be sent to brendankelly00(AT)hotmail.com. Thats 2 zeros in the email address
I'll contribute as well.

John Williams

May 13, 2022, 10:36:08 AM5/13/22
Funds sent, John W !

Howard Clase

May 13, 2022, 10:41:33 AM5/13/22

>Funds sent, John W !

Me too.

Brendan Kelly

May 14, 2022, 8:45:57 PM5/14/22
Thank you all for contributing to the local tree swallow population at Bidgood's Park.
I will post when the boxes are done.

Good Birding!

Helen Jones

May 15, 2022, 6:14:01 AM5/15/22
Thanks to all who responded

Brendan Kelly

May 23, 2022, 12:08:07 PM5/23/22
10 new tree swallow nest boxes are now at Bidgoods Park and 3 existing boxes have been cleaned out and repaired.

On behalf of the tree swallows, thank you all!!!

Brendan