All warbler's

Martin Berrigan

Jan 28, 2024, 8:46:51 AMJan 28
At they're specified site,both Short-bill and Long-bill were both seen today and reports are that the Pine is doing good also.I did maintenance of the bowls of jelly,they should never have jelly near the cusp of the bowl or above it,this leads to a dangerous mess which I cleaned up today including branches sogged in jelly,it's important to keep the jellp below the cusp for safety for the birds eating it,it's a survival food but it can be dangerous.Gerard

ilwi...@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2024, 10:03:41 AMJan 29
On Sunday, January 28, 2024 at 10:16:51 AM UTC-3:30, Martin Berrigan wrote:
> At they're specified site,both Short-bill and Long-bill were both seen today and reports are that the Pine is doing good also.I did maintenance of the bowls of jelly,they should never have jelly near the cusp of the bowl or above it,this leads to a dangerous mess which I cleaned up today including branches sogged in jelly,it's important to keep the jellp below the cusp for safety for the birds eating it,it's a survival food but it can be dangerous.Gerard

Gerard,

I do not usually respond to posts here, but I find your comments lately to be disrespectful. There are lots of people trying their best , at their own expense, both in time and cost of supplies. More people than you give credit to. No one needs to be dictated to and "told" what to do and what not to do.

So please lighten up and stop barking out orders.

IW

Martin Berrigan

Jan 29, 2024, 11:07:25 AMJan 29
I understand that you do not have the maturity to be given any guidance,the jelly bowls were over-flowing with jelly,the branches were absolutely sogged with sticky jelly and dangerous to the birds.This was a note that I wrote as it is not you that goes out in a strorm,it's me.This is not about your emotions,this is about the safety of the birds,it's me who takes bottles of warm water to wash the sites of this dangerous habit happening at the feed sites.I have washed so much sticky jelly off they're perch branches it terrible to see ,I try to guide people at such sites to the best approach.If your feelings are hurt I could care less.My message and direction is for people when filling the jelly bowls is to keep the jelly below the cusp and that is my suggestion and I hope other's will follow.Gerard

ilwi...@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2024, 12:06:11 PMJan 29
Its all about you - "This was a note that I wrote as it is not you that goes out in a strorm,it's me" You have no Idea what other people are doing, you think you are the only one doing anything.

Martin Berrigan

Jan 29, 2024, 12:20:08 PMJan 29
I absolutely Love people helping and participating with the bird's.I think everyone is doing an amazing job.I never set up any of the bird sites I am only there to assist.My suggestion concerning the Smucker's Grape jelly is a safety concern,if the jelly is above the cusp. and we have a wind storm with rain the perch sticks and jelly bowls all get covered in jelly.This is dangerous for the birds.It's a big job to clean it up also.Gerard

Martin Berrigan

Jan 30, 2024, 7:06:17 AMJan 30
All warbler sites free of snow,ice,branches cleared of snow.Long -bill whistling for breakfast,started eating immediatedly after I left.Lots of Ducks at Ruff spot,he was there this a.m and piles of feed put out and he started in.Gerard

JBlakeley

Jan 30, 2024, 8:02:53 AMJan 30
Thanks so much Gerard for all you do.