YTW Quidi vidi

Martin Berrigan

Jan 6, 2024, 1:09:41 PMJan 6
The YTW was vocalizing incessantly which is truly a sign of stress,will these two YTW's have the makeup of the YTW from Lower Rennies to endure this bitter cold,time will tell.Gerard

Martin Berrigan

Jan 7, 2024, 9:35:09 AMJan 7
On Saturday, January 6, 2024 at 2:39:41 PM UTC-3:30, Martin Berrigan wrote:
> The YTW was vocalizing incessantly which is truly a sign of stress,will these two YTW's have the makeup of the YTW from Lower Rennies to endure this bitter cold,time will tell.Gerard
Happy to report that the YTW at Quidi Vidi lake is no longer whistling incessantly,I am able to refill the dog bowl which I fill with jelly,also the YTW at Dominion is in fine shape also,both seen within the last hour.I fed the Ruff early a.m but sadly I flushed him at 10:15 at the West end bridge throwing seed instead of doing a soft delivery of the food at water's edge,I'm not happy with me .Gerard

Martin Berrigan

Jan 16, 2024, 11:29:47 AMJan 16
Is there any information out there regarding how the Quidi Vidi Yellow-throated is able to feed with a flock of European House sparrows at the site,probably best people not put seed on the ground around the feed site,I have seen this at areas where warbler's are fed and it makes no common sense whatsoever!,the goal is too help other small birds but setting seed on the ground which has no purpose to the Warbler can lead to madness at a feed site.It is what it is.Gerard