Great Auk skeleton in MUN library

lancy cheng

Sep 17, 2021, 12:46:00 PM9/17/21
I just learned that there was a Great Auk skeleton on the 2nd floor in MUN library in the 1990s. Does anyone know where it is now? I have been going to the library for years without knowing such a cool display. Thanks for any information!
LC

Jared Clarke

Sep 17, 2021, 12:51:30 PM9/17/21
Could it be the same one currently on display in The Rooms?

lancy cheng

Sep 17, 2021, 1:13:25 PM9/17/21
It could be

Alison

Sep 17, 2021, 5:57:28 PM9/17/21
Yes, that is the same one. It is on permanent loan to the Rooms so that more people can enjoy it. And they have better expertise to care for such artifacts.

Alison

lancy cheng

Sep 17, 2021, 7:59:50 PM9/17/21
Thank you, Alison! :)