Plover identification

Barry Day

May 12, 2022, 6:39:58 AM5/12/22
I seen a plover in Ladle Cove yesterday afternoon that I'm still trying to ID. Any assistance would be appreciated.

I asked Bruce to have a quick look and he suggested possibly Pacific or American GP.

I've posted photos to the ABA Facebook site, https://www.facebook.com/groups/whatsthisbird

BD

Jared Clarke

May 23, 2022, 7:48:00 PM5/23/22
I see no one has bitten on this one yet, and I'm a little late to the game (just returning home from a trip). The long-legged appearance and long tertials/short primary extension on this bird suggest Pacific Golden-Plover to me (rather than American). Certainly not European in this plumage.

Jared