Any suggestions would be welcome/Shutting down Lower Rennies

Martin Berrigan

Dec 24, 2023, 11:34:25 AM12/24/23
It appear's the Yellow-throated has moved down river where there are no Starlings I think.If I go there today and see no activity I will shut down the site as it is not neccessary,best the bird adapt to one area and leave the trail walkers alone this year.Any suggestions are welcome,I'll do a small observation today and quickly make a decision. Lots of other areas need attention,and on storm days I can tend to Dominion site,do a round per-sey and clear snow early am's on the jelly bowls and so forth.I gather last year's Yellow-throated was a small bill,does anybody have any record pictures to deem whether short bill is short bill from last year,no biggie I'm happy if last year's Yellow moved on,it was a year last year for sure.Feeding Ruff nerver went well this am,he got one worm quickly and I left I.W with two left out of the 8 as the bird is much more comfortable and will walk right up to Ian as he is stationary,quiet,and way better to get the worms to thee old Ruff,hoping he got the last two,may try again later today and no worms on warmer days will suffice doubling up today.I.W's idea to offset ducks with just a handful of seed may be the next plan or not.Gerard