Trepassey, Oct 29

Jared Clarke

Oct 29, 2022, 6:52:15 PM10/29/22
Chris Ryan & I spent most of today birding in Trepassey - the morning in the west side of the harbour (quite birdy), and a short time on Powles Head road in the afternoon (pretty much dead). The wind had picked up by late morning and began hampering our efforts.

Highlights:

Black-throated Blue Warbler - a male on Fish Plant Road

Black-billed Cuckoo - behind the old fish plant/town offices. A long-awaited bird for my Newfoundland list, and a big milestone at #350 :)

Yellow-billed Cuckoo - same area as the other cuckoo above, both being seen more-or-less together at one point

Wilson's Warbler - a bright male

Orange-crowned Warbler - 2-3 individuals

Red-eyed Vireo - 2

Northern Goshawk - 1

At Renews, we briefly visited Clara's feeders and saw two Baltimore Orioles and a flock of Evening Grosbeak, along with more regular fare.

Jared
Chris R.

Jared Clarke

Oct 29, 2022, 6:53:30 PM10/29/22
Oh --- and a Prairie Warbler on Northwest Circle Rd, Trepassey.

Jared