Help with Identification - falcon or hawk?

Donna

Sep 7, 2023, 6:59:00 PM9/7/23
These raptors were chasing blue jays and flickers around my backyard on Virginia Lake this morning. I'm thinking Merlins but the first pic reminds me of a sharp shinned hawk, except for the eyes.... I'd appreciate some help confirming...https://photos.app.goo.gl/GB9UbsiereWCj1qH6

ILJones

Sep 8, 2023, 8:14:39 AM9/8/23
ohhhhh... double whammy... you had a Sharp-shinned Hawk and a Merlin at the same time! The sharpie (first image) looks like a big female. well done

ilj