Tamarai illam

Hema

Jul 15, 2011, 1:46:38 AM7/15/11
to Neyam
Dear Nila,

Hope things are great with you.

Today I met people in Vision Australia for our Tamarai illam project.

I met a person (paid job) doing Audio material for people who have
trouble reading. I enquired for some basic english material. Some time
before you (facebook) asked for :Braille/Audio version of "High
School English Grammar & Composition" by Wren & Martin. Did you get
that? or do we still need that?

I saw the Daisy instrument and checked its operating system. I asked
permission for using their recording material and place. Hope to get
answer in couple of days.

They have very good library and I asked for free access. They said,
students could access with their own login. But all books are in
English. Will that be helpful for them?

Yash,

Could you please check with Tamarai illam for their requirement in
English books/literatures?

This is website address : www.visionaustralia.org

could you please check for what is available in that lib. and
conversate with Tamarai illam students regarding this?

Trying to get details for overseas education and scholarship/sponrship
for visually challenged people. Will update you soon.

Is there any other thing could I do from here? please suggest.

Thank you

Kind Regards
Hema

nila team

Jul 15, 2011, 1:57:17 AM7/15/11
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Hema,
Good job....

Yash, Hari,
Speaking to the girls and creating them login directly would be wise...

Hari,
Do they have dial up or broadband?

--
Entertaining, Enlightening, Ecstatic, Entire...
http://www.nilacharal.com

Hari T

Jul 15, 2011, 7:32:41 AM7/15/11
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Dear Hema,
It is very useful information for all the visually challenged students and also the volunteers like us. Appreciation for your effort taken.

Dear Nila,
They (Lotus Blind Home) don't have internet connection, but they have a pc with good condition and they are using for official purpose only till now. Hope that PC is already loaded with JAWS (Job Access With Speech) Software.

Thanks & Regards,
Hari

nila team

Jul 15, 2011, 3:12:20 PM7/15/11
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Hari,

They do have JAWS. But I was of the opinion that the girls can access the system anytime they like

Would you be able to check with Padmaraj/Radhakrishnan, if we can sponsor a PC and broadband for the girls... There is a big world out there and I'm sure they will gain a lot by it.

regards,

Hemalatha

Jul 15, 2011, 10:07:06 PM7/15/11
to ne...@googlegroups.com