Fwd: Care & Affection for the Orphan Children

nila team

Aug 4, 2011, 5:53:53 PM8/4/11
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Any NGM?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Hari T <harif...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 11:02 AM
Subject: Care & Affection for the Orphan Children
To: theori...@gmail.com

Dear All,

Care and Affection for the Orphan Children @ Government Children’s Home for Girls @ Purasawakkam (A Shelter home for Poor / Orphan / Missing / Abandoned / Neglected and Destitute Children and Women with more than 200 Inmates).

Government Children’s Home for Girls is situated @ Purasawakkam, Chennai. This organization takes care of more than 200 inmates, which includes Poor / Orphan / Missing / Abandoned / Underprivileged / Neglected and Destitute Children and Women who are victims of immoral trafficking, between the age of 5 to 18 years. This home provides free food, education, shelter, medical care and other basic needs of life to the inmates, besides education. These children go to a nearby school for education or take it up in the residential school inside the home. The home accommodates nearly 100 totally orphan children and also other poor children who have both or a single parent. The Parents / Guardians are allowed to meet and spend time with the children at the home by the First Saturday of every month during when they get Goodies – Fruits, Biscuits and other stuff for them to express their love and care for them. The Orphan Children miss not having their dear ones and earn for the love and care of the dear ones, especially during this time when their other friends have their loved ones visiting them as they have none coming to meet them. This leads to psychological depression and other problems as well. Mrs. Soundara Kumari, Superintendent of this home, has requested that we be able to support for these orphan children during these days. Hence, we are planning to visit this home during this Weekend and extend our support and give them some goodies to pep up their Spirits and contribute in a very small way. We need female volunteers for successfully implementing this project. We kindly request volunteers to come forward for this noble cause..

Visit Date         -           Sunday, 6th August, 2011 @ 10.30 am

Venue

Government Children’s Home for Girls

#300, Purasawalkam High Road, Kellys,

(Next Building To Abirami Mall)

Chennai - 600 010.

Phone # (044) 2642 1279 / 2642 2644

Route Map

From Parrys

Parrys Corner -----> Broadway Bus Stand -----> Central Railway Station ----> Vepery ----> Purasawakkam Tank

-----> Motcham Theatre ----> Take Left from Motcham Theatre ----> Building Before Abirami Mall (Theatre)

From Guindy

Saidapet -----> Nandanam -----> DMS -----> TVS -----> LIC -----> Pudupet -----> Egmore Railway Station -----> Hotel Dasprakash ----> Motcham Theatre ----> Take Left from Motcham Theatre ----> Building Before Abirami Mall (Theatre)

From Koyambedu

Koyambeu ----> Thirumangalam ----> Anna Nagar Roundtana ----> Chinthamani ----> Kilpauk ---> Kellys -----> Abirami Mall (Theatre) ------> Next Building to Abirami Mall

Thanks & Regards,

T.Hari
THE ORIGIN

Cell: 9840341973

--
Entertaining, Enlightening, Ecstatic, Entire...
http://www.nilacharal.com

Karthiga Purushothaman

Aug 5, 2011, 12:19:54 AM8/5/11
to Neyam
Hi Nila,

I wanted to spend quality time with them....but i need little time to
come out of my busy schedule and stress.. after sometime even i will
join....

On Aug 5, 2:53 am, nila team <nilat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Any NGM?

nila team

Aug 5, 2011, 1:12:01 AM8/5/11
to ne...@googlegroups.com
ok...cool
I have offered to talk to them over video/audio , if they have facilities...
let us ee

Hemamalini Sundaram

Aug 5, 2011, 7:51:25 AM8/5/11
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nila, NGM's,

It is so nice to hear the steps taken by Hari's team;

Hari:

http://upscportal.com/civilservices/success-story/Muhammed-Ali-Shihab-a-Muslim-orphanage-cleared-UPSC-Exam

This link talks about an orphanage boy's success and is very inspiring.

Nila:

Your stories in the segment 'malaiyile..' are very appealing and
subtly convey strong messages to children. I like the story 'nallathai
ennu' very much. A story-reading session may also help them to
overcome their untold fears and depression, I think.

All the best to Hari's team!

Thanks
HM

Hari T

Aug 5, 2011, 9:47:23 AM8/5/11
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nila,

This home didn't have the facility to have audio/video chat. i will provide you the mobile number of the Superintendent of the Home Mrs. Soundarakumari 9444679290. I already told her about our "Nilacharal" activities. So, you can call her by tomorrow by 10:30am - 1:00pm (IST).

Below are the activities done by our "THE ORIGIN" in this home
1) Provided Stationaries / Books / Guides
2) Provided Energy Drink to encourage students to study long time. (For X Std & XII Std)
3) Provided Inner Wears
4) Conduct Career Guidance / How to Write Exams Program
5) Conduct Cultural Programs
6) Setup an Library for these kids

Thanks for your initiative/support.

Thanks & Regards,
T. Hari

nila team

Aug 7, 2011, 10:06:59 AM8/7/11
to ne...@googlegroups.com

Hi HM,
Story reading session is a very good idea... I wish I can do it for them over internet... Facilities!!!! Hmmm....

We'll get there....
Nila

Hemamalini Sundaram

Aug 8, 2011, 10:24:54 PM8/8/11
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Nila,

Some 5 - 6 stories can be recorded and sent as audio files and if
technically feasible,, , can be recorded in caseette and played in a
tape recorder for the children there...another suggestion is that an
audio file for these stories can be uploaded in Neyam/Nilacharal
itself, for the benefit of children abroad who can talk and understand
tamil..sometime later when you can spend time for these activities....

Thanks
HM