Fwd: Books required by LOTUS GIRLS

nila team

Jul 1, 2011, 2:25:28 PM7/1/11
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Team,
Here is the list....

Shall we create a spreadsheet of this, assign responsibility and track?

Karthiga,
You may want to write a procedure document for 'not so technica'l people who want to contribute....

Can we propose Karthiga as task force leader, girls? (Of course there are boys in the group... but they are all dormant :-))

cheers!
My favourite Friday....

Nila

Jul 2, 2011, 6:49:05 AM7/2/11
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Dear Nila team,

Karthiga is the right choice to be the task force leader.

anbudan,
Kalai

nila team

Jul 2, 2011, 8:24:03 AM7/2/11
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Girls,
Just remembered... there will be copy right issues. so we can't publish these files in any website or distribute but we can read it for the girls and store it in CD/computer in any format I suppose.

Let us keep this in mind while doing the work

regards,
Nila

Karthiga Purushothaman

Jul 3, 2011, 4:04:30 AM7/3/11
to Neyam
Thanks Nila for choosing me as task force leader.

Yeah even i thought regarding copy right issues.
So we will do as you said via CD.

I will start preparing the procedure document.
Will ping you in FB regd tis.

Regards,
Karthiga

Hari T

Jul 6, 2011, 5:38:23 AM7/6/11
to Neyam
Dear Team,

Last year our team ("THE ORIGIN") along with few teams who are all
interested in the welfare of the Visually Challenged students are meet
@ Valluvar kottam. In that meeting we discussed about this copyright
issue and we find an amicable solution also. To overcome this
copyright issues, First we need to donate a copy of our recorded
material in the Anna Centenary Library @ Kotturpuram, Chennai ( It has
the biggest collection of recorded material for visually challenged).
After which we can distribute these recorded materials through CD/
Website, etc. If any issue raises at that time we can say simply that
we get this recorded materials from the ACL, Kotturpuam, Chennai. By
this way, we can overcome the copyright issues. We checked this idea
with some professors and philanthropist also. Hope it will work.

Before going to record the tamil materials, just we can see whether
this can be available in ACL, Kotturpuram, chennai. So that our work
may reduce.

Expecting your suggestions & comments.

Thanks & Regards,
Hari

On Jul 1, 11:25 pm, nila team <nilat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Team,
> Here is the list....
>
> Shall we create a spreadsheet of this, assign responsibility and track?
>
> Karthiga,
> You may want to write a procedure document for 'not so technica'l people who
> want to contribute....
>
> Can we propose Karthiga as task force leader, girls? (Of course there are
> boys in the group... but they are all dormant :-))
>
> cheers!
> My favourite Friday....
>
> Nila

nila team

Jul 6, 2011, 6:39:12 AM7/6/11
to ne...@googlegroups.com
good info, Hari
Could you please take up the checking part?
regards,
Nila

Karthiga Purushothaman

Jul 6, 2011, 1:21:15 PM7/6/11
to Neyam
Hi Hari,

If you want any help from me, please do mention. even i can come to
kotturpuram and check for the materials.
i think we can segregate on the tasks to interested ppl once this
action is completed.

Team,
Mean time, i would like to take list of those who are interested to
work on reading out books into audio files.
Interested ppl, plz drop a message here.

Regards,
Karthiga P

suhan ya

Jul 10, 2011, 1:09:56 AM7/10/11
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Hi Karthiga,
   I like to work in this ,Pls include my name.

nila team

Jul 10, 2011, 8:57:52 AM7/10/11
to ne...@googlegroups.com
How about someone first calling ACL and find out...
Team,
How can we expedite the actions on this a bit faster?

Regards,

Hema

Jul 10, 2011, 9:38:21 PM7/10/11
to Neyam
Hi Karthiga,

Please include me also in this work.

Thank you
Kind Regards
Hema

On Jul 10, 10:57 pm, nila team <nilat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How about someone first calling ACL and find out...
> Team,
> How can we expedite the actions on this a bit faster?
>
> Regards,
>

> On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 6:09 AM, suhan ya <suhanya2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Karthiga,
> >    I like to work in this ,Pls include my name.
>
> >   On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 10:21 AM, Karthiga Purushothaman <
> > p.karthig...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Hi Hari,
>
> >> If you want any help from me, please do mention. even i can come to
> >> kotturpuram and check for the materials.
> >> i think we can segregate on the tasks to interested ppl once this
> >> action is completed.
>
> >> Team,
> >> Mean time, i would like to take list of those who are interested to
> >> work on reading out books into audio files.
> >> Interested ppl, plz drop a message here.
>
> >> Regards,
> >> Karthiga P
>
> --
> Entertaining, Enlightening, Ecstatic, Entire...http://www.nilacharal.comhttp://www.nilashop.com- Hide quoted text -

Hari T

Jul 12, 2011, 2:29:04 AM7/12/11
to Neyam
Dear All,

Sorry for the delay reply.

I had interacted with various visually challenged students who have
good knowledge in all the resources available for them and check with
them about our list of items to be recorded. They also check with the
Anna Centenary Library, Chennai and below are the only two items which
is already available in MP3 format.

1) Thirukkural - I have the complete collection of Thirukkural in
Audio MP3 Format.

2) Pudumaipithan Sirukkathaigal - This collection of short stories is
released in Audio MP3 format by Kizhakku Publication. (I already
collect this from one of the visually challenged friend)

Apart from the above two items rest of them are needs to be recorded.

Below is my suggestion to segregate our work by phase by phase. Please
pass on your suggestion and comments on this.

PHASE 1: MATERIAL COLLECTION
============================
Materials (Books) to be Collected which are going to be recorded in
the MP3 audio format.

PHASE 2: INSTRUCTIONS TO BE GIVEN TO VOLUNTEERS
Already last year, we had conducted a survey in few of the visually
challenged homes in chennai and found that they are not using the less
available recorded materials, due to the recording is very poor and
many disturbance in the recording. In our observation in Chennai
itself many of the small organization started to record the study
material (only few topics) but they failed due to the following
reason.

(a) Poor quality of the recorded material ( Voice not clear/ some
external sounds such as children playing/vessels sound,Poor quality of
mike, etc)
(b) Many of them are still recording in the Cassettes, for a small
book itself it take nearly 10 cassettes, but in case of CD a Compact
Disc is enough. It is cost effective also.
(c) Most of them are recording whole paragraph in a single mp3 file.
It is tough to hear through out the paragraph at a stretch to remember
and recall.
(d) Especially for Tamil recording, these visually challenged students
needs explanation in tamil for some tough grammar words.

Below are the instruction to be given to volunteer for Tamil Language
recording.
(1) While recording every sentence needs to be recorded in a separate
MP3 file. Then only it will easy for them to use. They can use the
next/previous option in the player for easy & repeat learning.
(2) Reader should accompany a good Tamil-Tamil-Tamil Dictionary.
(3) Good Quality Mike is required

PHASE 3: SAMPLE RECORDING TO BE DONE
====================================
All the new volunteer who is going to done a recording, should done a
sample recording and this sample recording needs to be check and
verified by an experience volunteer and he will instruct the volunteer
how to rectify if any mistakes done and also enhancements needs to be
apply.

PHASE 4: START RECORDING
========================
Volunteer will start recording the books in MP3 format.

PHASE 5: QUALITY CHECK
=======================
Quality Check (QC) to be done by some another volunteer apart from the
person who done the recording. All the corrections needs to be done
immediately.

PHASE 6: QC PASSED RECORDING ARE COPIED TO THE CD'S
The recordings which are passed in the Quality Check are copied to the
CD'S and now the books materials are ready to distribute to the
Visually challenge students.

Expecting your suggestions and comments.

Thanks & Regards,
T. Hari
> > Entertaining, Enlightening, Ecstatic, Entire...http://www.nilacharal.comhttp://www.nilashop.com-Hide quoted text -

Karthiga Purushothaman

Jul 13, 2011, 11:49:28 AM7/13/11
to Neyam

Karthiga Purushothaman

Jul 13, 2011, 1:49:58 PM7/13/11
to Neyam
Please include this link also.
This link is a single point for soo many books. It's awsome.

http://www.projectmadurai.org/pmworks.html

On Jul 13, 8:49 pm, Karthiga Purushothaman <p.karthig...@gmail.com>

vijaya veni

Jul 16, 2011, 1:46:47 PM7/16/11
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Please include the below links also..

Regards,
Veni

Karthiga Purushothaman

Jul 19, 2011, 12:30:32 PM7/19/11
to Neyam
Team,

Sorry for late reply.
As Phase 1, i have collected all the materials for recording.
Will distribute the procedure document & materials once i discuss few
points with Hari.

Hari,
I am trying to reach you, is this your number 9840341973 ???
I want to discuss with you regarding recording the materials.

Regards,
Karthiga P

Hari T

Jul 20, 2011, 12:15:48 AM7/20/11
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Hi Karthiga,

My Mobile Number is correct only 9840341973. Call me at any time else mail ur number i will call u.

Thanks & Regards,
T. Hari

Karthiga Purushothaman

Jul 30, 2011, 12:49:40 PM7/30/11
to Neyam
Hi Team,

Sorry for the inactivity.. i got caught up with official work and i am
sooo stressed @ office..so couldn't spend time on this activity. a big
apologize for this.

i Spoke with Hari regd recording the materials in tamil. He said he
will confirm regd the gud quality mic availability in the market. so
we can update the team in this space regd the next step.
BTW i found Vijaya veni, Hema, Suhanya as the volunteers.. we need
more ppl..
Please respond if you can contribute ur time for this gud cause.

Regards,
Karthiga P

nila team

Jul 30, 2011, 1:02:27 PM7/30/11
to ne...@googlegroups.com, Benita Mary
Hi Karthiga,
Benita and her friend want to volunteer as well.
she is copied

Karthiga Purushothaman

Jul 31, 2011, 5:57:21 AM7/31/11
to Neyam