Riot Channels, Taiga Invites, Invoices

cathal...@cathalgarvey.me

Jan 8, 2017, 5:54:11 PM1/8/17
to nexu...@googlegroups.com, mem...@formalabs.org
Just a reminder folks, a lot of the liveliness and organisation of Forma/Nexus is happening here at the moment:
https://riot.im/app/#/room/!ucnlpuEzeDdvVMIhZr:matrix.org

I heartily encourage ye all to join. I recommend using the Desktop and Phone apps for persistence, though, because encrypted channel history is lost when you reset the browser app.

Don't join the channels until you've changed your username after first-login, and perhaps re-logged in. Riot is still a bit early-development grade, there are teething issues for new sign-ups. There are reasons we're using it though, including freedom to later self-host without losing everything, and peer to peer encryption, and app support, etcetera, so please be patient. It's good stuff, even if a little aggravating sometimes!

Also don't forget we maintain a Taiga to keep atop of our tasks, jobs, etcetera; if you've been invited, join in. If not, ping me for an invite.

Finally, invoices should have been sent for memberships this month, so let me know if you didn't receive yours. If you got yours, please cover it when you can or let me know if you need to defer it. We've had a "beta" to thrash out issues, which went predictably disasterously, but the invoices are now the method I think we should use going forward, and I'll assume unpaid invoices mean people who don't want to be members at this present time. That's fine, it just means you'll be removed from private mailing lists and chat, but you're still part of the community. :)

See ye on Riot and Taiga!

Paul Lee

Jan 9, 2017, 3:57:18 AM1/9/17
to nexu...@googlegroups.com, mem...@formalabs.org
Cathal, thanks for the email.

I'm paying into Nexus account and can transfer from there to Forma. Please consider me a member! : )

I'll check who's still paying in- Please do the same for them.

Paul Lee

Chief 3D Architect & CoFounder Retail Everywhere
Check out my publications & bio on:

Luke Murphy

Jan 13, 2017, 11:27:35 AM1/13/17
to nexu...@googlegroups.com
Hoping this reply will work (registering to googlegroups without a gmail
account is always problematic!)!

I just moved back to Cork and wanted to check out the space. Is there
anyone around later on tonight / this weekend?

Pinged via twitter as well, couldn't join the riot group :|

Luke

--
http://lwm.github.io/
> --
signature.asc

Cathal Garvey

Luke Murphy

Jan 13, 2017, 11:43:23 AM1/13/17
to nexu...@googlegroups.com
Hey Cathal,

Great, that worked at least :)

I get a `You are not invited to this room.` after trying to fiddle with
renames and re-logins (per your first email). Something on the admin side?

Luke
signature.asc

Cathal Garvey

Jan 13, 2017, 11:45:12 AM1/13/17
to nexu...@googlegroups.com
Huh! That's odd, I was sure the channel is public and listed.. I'll go investigate!

Cathal Garvey

Jan 13, 2017, 11:47:07 AM1/13/17
to nexu...@googlegroups.com
Might be a bug related to room visibility. Made some changes. Try again?

Luke Murphy

Jan 13, 2017, 11:52:21 AM1/13/17
to nexu...@googlegroups.com
Great! In I go then. Thanks!