Moving Stuff today, and Forma Friday

Cathal Garvey

Oct 5, 2016, 11:13:44 AM10/5/16
to nexu...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

This was originally drafted to the Forma Members list, which I'd like shortly to add the Nexus members to also, if we continue on this vector.

We're moving stuff from Nexus to Forma today as per Dan's initiative, if you're free to help between ~6-8pm please come along.

Also, please join for Forma Friday this week if you can, because I'd like to discuss two key important things with as many Forma/Nexus people as possible:

1. Cork Biomakerspace Limited, Grattan House
The particulars of who runs the company behind the makerspace, and what to do about our letting with Cork City Council, which expired a while ago and needs renewal.

I also want people to commit whether they'll join me on Cork Biomakerspace Limited's board, and bring the required info so I can get that started. Boards aren't a case of "more == merrier" but we do need more willing volunteers right now. There is some responsibility. I'm looking at a replacement for secretary, because it shouldn't be me, and she's highly capable and willing to help. Fingers crossed!

2. Memberships
Members at Forma Labs are expected to pay a membership fee between 30 and 50 per month. I'm pushing for Forma people to sign up and get this done.

If we're merging the communities, I suggest that we dispense with sub-letting arrangements or other inconveniences and just use the one account.

Forma Labs' bank details:

IBAN: IE74BOFI90276880087280
Sort: 90-27-68
BIC: BOFIIE2D
Address: Bank of Ireland, 32, South Mall, Cork

The suggested membership level for non-unemployed/students is €30/month, but higher is ideal; most of the early founders did €50/month and some newer members are doing €40/month. At present all the money is going towards our makerspace's critical needs, like bills and rent and equipment.

Best,
Cathal

donn...@gmail.com

Oct 5, 2016, 1:46:37 PM10/5/16