RIP Jemma Redmond

Will Knott

Sep 21, 2016, 7:00:42 AM9/21/16
to nexuscork
Sorry if this is the first you heard of this, but I just hit her obituary in my feed...

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/sep/20/jemma-redmond-obituary

Jemma was frequently in Forma and did a little with Nexus over the years.
Does anyone have funeral details?

Will

Christian van den Bosch

Sep 21, 2016, 7:14:22 AM9/21/16
to nexu...@googlegroups.com
It's taken a long time for it to hit the news feeds for some reason - funeral long since past: https://rip.ie/showdn.php?dn=296070

Paul Lee

Sep 21, 2016, 7:49:11 AM9/21/16
to nexu...@googlegroups.com
Jemma was a lovely person. It's so sad to hear about her passing.

I'm shocked not to have heard anything about it until now.

I left a condolence on behalf of Nexus- should be online shortly.

RIP

Paul Lee

Chief 3D Architect & CoFounder Retail Everywhere
Check out my publications & bio on:

Danfox Davies

Sep 27, 2016, 1:25:58 PM9/27/16
to Nexus Cork
I'm very sorry I failed to mention it to you folks, I was caught up in the motions of telling people at Forma and at Vulpine Designs, and I had a lot of other work going on too.
I can tell you her funeral was packed out, the church was not big enough and there were queues out of the door in Tallaght. Her amazing work should live on.
Danfox Davies
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to nexuscork+...@googlegroups.com.

Paul Lee

Sep 27, 2016, 6:19:41 PM9/27/16
to nexu...@googlegroups.com
I'll be doing something with 3D printing in Cork to remember Jemma- Some project with kids in the dojo and some kind of prize named after her.

Danfox Davies

Sep 27, 2016, 6:29:53 PM9/27/16
to nexu...@googlegroups.com
I'll be happy to (attempt to) lend a hand if you need it. Or perhaps in memory of Jemma, a thumb to give a thumbs-up to her middle finger extended as it was in turn against those who failed to recognise the potential of bioprinting. (See the Guardian article)