Humanities Honors Program

Alejandro Garcia

Sep 15, 2007, 11:19:02 AM9/15/07
to Nexus_SJSU
Hello, I'm just passing along the letter below as an FYI.

A special team of the Humanities Honors Program will be starting in
Spring 2008. If you are unfamiliar with it, the Humanities Honors
Program is a four semester course, six units per semester, which
fulfills sections A, C, D2, D3, and F of core GE (Engineering students
satisfy D and E for a total of 36 units). In this way, students are
able to complete 30-36 units of core GE while taking only 24. This
program will benefit your students because in four semesters, they
will have completed the bulk of their GE and thus be able to begin
their upper division GE and/or major courses.

In this interdisciplinary program students learn through studying the
great ideas of human history. This type of curriculum stimulates
students to think about the universal concerns of human existence
while giving them a survey of art, philosophy, literature, and music.

Small learning communities are an integral part of this program.
Enrollment is limited to 25 students in each seminar. Students move
with the same seminar group through the same team of four professors
for the four semesters.

The new team is especially devoted to second semester freshmen who are
recommended by their Fall 2007 English 1A, LLD 2, or MUSE instructors.
Please forward any recommendations to me. Also, enclosed are fliers to
distribute to your students, please encourage them to contact me if
they are interested. Since space is limited to 100 students, it is
important that we identify qualified students immediately.

The Times of the Spring Semester 2008

Monday and Wednesday 10:30 - 11:45 AM - LECTURE
Monday and Wednesday 12:00 - 1:15 AM - SEMINAR

Thank you,

Dr. Marianina Olcott
Coordinator, Humanities Honors Program
Ext. 4-4455

Extended Zip: 0092
mol...@email.sjsu.edu <mailto:mol...@email.sjsu.edu>

Office Hours: Tuesday & Thursday 3:30-6 P.M. Clark Hall 439