Jeffrey Katzenberg on Thursday

Alejandro Garcia

Oct 8, 2007, 7:21:21 PM10/8/07
to Nexus_SJSU
Hello,

This Thursday, instead of our regular class, we'll be attending the
interview of Jeffrey Katzenberg, one of the co-founders of DreamWorks
SKG Studios (he's the "K", Steven Spielberg is the "S"). The event
will be in Morris Dailey Auditorium (large auditorium inside of Tower
Hall). Since the event is from 2pm to 3:15pm, which is not our regular
class time, you are not required to attend; if you do attend, plan to
stay for the *whole time* (you don't walk out on someone like
Katzenberg). Anyway, hope you can all come and please tell all your
friends about this event (even better, bring them!). For more info,
see below:

**** Dreamworks Animation CEO to visit SJSU ****

President Don W. Kassing will moderate a conversation with Jeffrey
Katzenberg, CEO and director of DreamWorks Animation SKG, on Thursday,
October 11, from 2 to 3:15 p.m. in Morris Daily Auditorium. The campus
community is cordially invited to attend and get an inside view of the
company and movie-making from this undisputed giant in the industry;
there will be a question-and-answer segment for the audience at the
end of the conversation.

A pioneer in computer-generated animation, Dreamworks is the creator
of Academy Award-winning Shrek, Shark Tale, and Shrek 2, the third-
highest grossing movie of all time.

Jeffrey Katzenberg co-founded and was a principal member of DreamWorks
Studios from its founding in October 1994 until its sale to Paramount
in January 2006. Prior to founding DreamWorks Studios, Katzenberg
served as chairman of the board of The Walt Disney Studios from 1984
to 1994. During his tenure, the studio produced a number of live-
action and animated box office hits, including Who Framed Roger
Rabbit, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin and The Lion
King. Prior to joining Disney, Katzenberg was president of Paramount
Studios.

Katzenberg's visit is hosted by the Animation/Illustration Department
of the School of Art and Design.

Event Details
Start Date/Time: 10/11/2007 02:00 PM
End Date/Time: 10/11/2007 03:15 PM
Location: Morris Dailey Auditorium
Email: john.g...@sjsu.edu
More Info: 408-924-4384
Price: Free

Asuka Yamaguchi

Oct 8, 2007, 8:14:56 PM10/8/07
to nexus...@googlegroups.com
Seems like the presentation powerpoints haven't been quite updated. I plan on leaving 20 minutes before class ends since I have to go see another professor. So I was hoping I'd be able to put the slides up so I can keep myself informed. Also, what did I miss in last session?

--
Asuka

linda nguyen

Oct 9, 2007, 2:21:53 PM10/9/07
to nexus...@googlegroups.com
hey mr. garcia,
for that egg project we had.. i know you said not to bring in an egg but with my package, i sorta needed to have an egg in it already... i hope thats not a problem... is it?

Alej Garcia

Oct 9, 2007, 2:25:56 PM10/9/07
to nexus...@googlegroups.com
I'll take a look at it. Should be OK, though it's better if the package
doesn't have the egg yet, mostly since I don't want to accidentally
break it while carrying it around. See you in class, Alej Garcia