UPDATE: NextGenBUG bioinformatics meeting 30th April 2021

TRAIN edgenomics-training

Apr 30, 2021, 7:54:02 AM4/30/21

Hey All!

Please join us for this free bioinformatics meeting this afternoon. We have some great speakers and discussion about all things bioinformatics.

We've had a slight technical and have had to change the link. Our new classroom can be found here: Hey all. Bit of technical and we've had to change classrooms. We are now here:

https://eu.bbcollab.com/guest/60eb11fccc4c4e8494b138877be8a283

Hopefully see you online shortly!

Kind Regards

Edinburgh Genomics

On 16/04/2021 15:53, TRAIN edgenomics-training wrote:

Dear All

The Next Generation Bioinformatics User Group (NextGenBUG) is a user-driven meeting programme that aims to build an engaged user community in Scotland (and beyond) of researchers and others analysing or exploiting large-volume data in biology. It has a major, but non-exclusive, focus on "next-generation" sequence data analyses and interpretation.

Working together, we try to figure out the best ways of extracting the meaning of the massive amounts of data emerging from ultra-high-throughput technologies such as Illumina, PacBio and Oxford Nanopore.

Our next meeting will be hosted by Edinburgh Genomics and held online on Friday 30th April 2021, from 1pm through 4pm.

You can join us in online here from 12.30pm that day, no sign-up necessary: https://eu.bbcollab.com/guest/7895ec98c24646d1a586c4b6011a697d

Please see a provisional timetable below:

Speaker

Time

Topic

Nathan Medd

13:00 – 13:20

Welcome

Mark Blaxter

13:20 – 14:00

Darwin ToL project

Peter Thorpe

14:00 – 14:20

PacBio assembly of an EXTREMELY heterozygous nematode

Catalina Vallejos

14:20 – 14:40

EdDash Project - UKRI funded bioinformatics training at UoE

Coffee

14:40 – 15:00

Bas Tolhuis

15:00 – 15:20

PacBio Informatics

Daniel Barker

15:20 – 15:40

4273π - Teaching Bioinformatics in Schools

Javier Santoyo-Lopez

15:40 – 16:00

Edinburgh Genomics News

Group Discussion (optional)

16:00 – 17:00

Future of NGB

For more information please see our website: https://www.nextgenbug.org/

Look forward to seeing you online!

Kind Regards

Nathan Medd

--
Training and Outreach Manager - Edinburgh Genomics

Edinburgh Genomics' Privacy Notice can be viewed at:

http://genomics.ed.ac.uk/about-us/privacy-notice

This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely

for the use of the recipient(s) to whom they are addressed. If you have

received it in error, please destroy all copies and inform the sender.

Training and Outreach Manager - Edinburgh Genomics

Edinburgh Genomics' Privacy Notice can be viewed at:

http://genomics.ed.ac.uk/about-us/privacy-notice

This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely

for the use of the recipient(s) to whom they are addressed. If you have

received it in error, please destroy all copies and inform the sender.

The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336. Is e buidheann carthannais a th’ ann an Oilthigh Dhùn Èideann, clàraichte an Alba, àireamh clàraidh SC005336.