NXF_WORK ignored

Sasha Mikheyev

Jun 13, 2017, 10:14:23 PM6/13/17
to Nextflow
Hello!

I can't get the NXF_WORK feature to change the 'work' path -- it is always created in the same directory as the script. I tried to change it using the nextflow.config, as below, without success

env { NXF_WORK = './data/work'
}

This verifiably changes the variable in the .nf file, but not the location of the working directory. Interestingly, using the -w switch with nextflow does change work directory. Any ideas?

Thank you,

Sasha

Paolo Di Tommaso

Jun 14, 2017, 4:10:31 AM6/14/17
to nextflow
The env variables defined in the nextflow config file are meant to be used by the tasks executed by NF, not by the NF process itself.

However you can still define the work directory in the config file by using the setting `workDir` eg.

workDir = '/some/work/path`

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Paolo