reuse same file (turn it into value channel)

Johannes Debler

Mar 21, 2022, 9:25:19 PM3/21/22
to next...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am trying to figure out how I can reuse the same file as an input multiple times without it getting consumed.
A value channel seems to be what I need, but I don't know if you can use a file in a value channel.

I have a process that splits a fasta file into its individual contigs. Those are then collected into a new channel and fed into another process. I now want to use my 'value' channel file to be used with each contig. I therefore would have to either duplicate is as many times as there are contigs, or somehow use it as a constant without being used up.

Cheers,
Johannes

Anand

Mar 21, 2022, 9:43:01 PM3/21/22
to next...@googlegroups.com
If you use DSL2 then you can

In Nextflow DSL1 queue channels can only be used once in a workflow, either connecting workflow input to process input, or process output to input for another process. In DSL2 we can use a queue channel multiple times.

Also, you get lot of traction and replies if you join nextflow slack channel - https://www.nextflow.io/blog/2022/nextflow-is-moving-to-slack.html

Johannes Debler

Mar 21, 2022, 11:54:05 PM3/21/22
to next...@googlegroups.com
Thanks.
No, I'm on DSL 1, never gotten into 2, seems too confusing...