Twitter clone powered by Nextdb?

Eric Dorman

Sep 21, 2010, 5:32:23 PM9/21/10
to NextDB Users
Hey guys,

I am trying to redesign my website and I am trying to aim for a
twitter for sports.

I have my form all set up on the nextdb website as well as on my own
website. However I am having a little trouble retrieving the posts
that have already been stored in the database.

I think Brent's Forum example would work the best for me,but if there
is another way to retrieve the posts from a databse then I would
really appreciate it if any of you guys could give me some code
snippits to work off of. :)

Thanks & God Bless,
Eric Dorman

geoff

Sep 21, 2010, 11:10:08 PM9/21/10
to NextDB Users
There are a couple tutorials and blog posts that could help you with
the REST approach:

http://www.nextdb.net/nextdb/rest/nextdbsite/site/pages/name/contains/gallery/src.html
http://www.nextdb.net/nextdb/rest/nextdbsite/site/pages/name/tutorials-photogallery-style/src.html
http://nextdb.net/nextdb/rest/brenthamby/nextdbdotnet/BLOG_ENTRY;xslt=blog/row/24

remember, "small successful systems become big successful systems".
Maybe start with something a bit less ambitious than twitter. :-)