Nextdb Platform In All Python

1 view

Eric Dorman

Oct 13, 2009, 9:52:59 AM10/13/09
to NextDB Users
Hey guys,

Can you give me some advice on my idea that I wrote below.

I had a good idea come over me last night about maybe developing
Nextdb in all Python and then being able to self host Nextdb on Google
App Engine or some other Cloud Services. That way Python developers
could either have the choice to use the Python API to gain access to
Nextdb.net or self host Nextdb in Python.

It's just an idea I thought of,but let me know what you think.

Geoffrey Hendrey

Oct 13, 2009, 10:57:51 AM10/13/09
to Eric Dorman, NextDB Users
Eric,

This is just to you.

Bouncing from idea to idea won't get you anywhere. Why don't you start
with something simple, like building a simple web app like jeremy's
flashcards app? Once you've done that, then you'll be on more solid
footing for "big idea" thinking. Starting small is a good way to build
the credibility that is necessary if you want to be taken seriously
on larger scale project discussions.

Cheers,

-g

Eric Dorman

Oct 13, 2009, 11:05:30 AM10/13/09
to NextDB Users
Hey Geoff,

So do you still think I should go ahead and build the Python API?

I hear you. I do second guess my talents and I do bounce from idea to
idea and I appreicate that great advice.

Thanks man! :)

God Bless,
Eric

On Oct 13, 10:57 am, Geoffrey Hendrey <geoff.hend...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Eric,
>
> This is just to you.
>
> Bouncing from idea to idea won't get you anywhere. Why don't you start
> with something simple, like building a simple web app like jeremy's
> flashcards app? Once you've done that, then you'll be on more solid
> footing for "big idea" thinking. Starting small is a good way to build
> the credibility that is necessary if you want  to be taken seriously
> on larger scale project discussions.
>
> Cheers,
>
> -g

Eric Dorman

Oct 13, 2009, 2:30:02 PM10/13/09
to NextDB Users
I don't know what app I could build.

I mean I need to take your advice Geoff and just focus on one idea and
stop bouncing between idea to idea.

I still think I should continue to develop the Python API though.