[NEXTDB] PHP port of the Java API

Harry Roberts

Apr 27, 2010, 6:39:50 AM4/27/10
to NextDB Users
Hi,

I've completed and done some initial testing on a PHP5 port of the
Java API.

It's slightly simplified, doesn't support asynchronous processing
(yet) and leaves out some of the implementation bloat of the Java API
which isn't directly applicable or necessary in PHP.

I would appreciate input on ways it could be made easier to use,
currently I'm thinking of query/insert/update/delete methods for
NextDB_Connection and perhaps a wrapper class around the results that
implement ArrayAccess etc.

Feel free to download & test: http://midnight-labs.org/nextdb.txt

Regards,
- Harry Roberts
- Midnight Labs.

Brent Hamby

Apr 27, 2010, 9:38:39 AM4/27/10
to nextd...@googlegroups.com
Harry

Thanks for the port! That looks really clean and straightforward.

Do you have a test page (similar to the java API) that will exercise
each function? It would be cool to see it in action.

Brent

Harry Roberts

Apr 27, 2010, 9:54:38 AM4/27/10
to NextDB Users
I'm working on a lightweight message board as an example, it's
incomplete, messy and doesn't test pagination or update/delete -- all
of which will be fixed some time this week.

http://midnight-labs.org/NextDB_php/index.php
source: http://midnight-labs.org/NextDB_php/index.txt

Brent Hamby

Apr 27, 2010, 11:23:42 AM4/27/10
to nextd...@googlegroups.com

That is cool.  One other feature you might get a lot of utility from would be something along the lines the JavaScript form builder API, but for PHP.

We have 'describe' services for tables and queries that allow you to construct HTML forms on the fly.

Does PHP already have libraries for building and validating forms?

This is the general idea:

http://www.nextdb.net/examples/forms.html

Also, let us know if you have any questions or run into any snags.

Brent

On Apr 27, 2:38 pm, Brent Hamby <brentha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Harry
>

> Thanks for the port!  Tha...

> <harry.robe...@midnight-labs.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> >  I've completed and done some initial testi...

> --

To p...