Has Anyone Used The Twitter API and Nextdb?

1 view

Eric Dorman

Nov 9, 2009, 9:57:46 PM11/9/09
to NextDB Users
Hey guys,

I am having trouble getting the Twitter API to work with fetching
different profiles and tags.

Is there anyway the Twitter API has a Javascript API for developers to
use?

I would like to use Nextdb to store the profiles being fetched or
tagged.

Thanks & God Bless,
Eric

ibec

Nov 10, 2009, 5:09:12 AM11/10/09
to NextDB Users
Using the Twitter API is just a matter of building the proper REST
requests, calling them AJAX style with basic auth (your user/password
credentials) and parsing the JSON payload.

What REST request troubles you? There's extensive doc available and
there are Twitter forums for this as well.

http://apiwiki.twitter.com/Twitter-API-Documentation

-Ivo

Eric Dorman

Nov 10, 2009, 11:21:15 AM11/10/09
to NextDB Users
Well, I am really just frustrated and confused about if I can use just
javascript to get tweets from different users that I specify.

I am trying to build a twitter sports aggregator,but I do not get the
documentation on the api.twitter.com site.

Can anyone give me some example code of using the REST API with just
javascript?

Thanks & God Bless,

ibec

Nov 10, 2009, 11:49:36 AM11/10/09
to NextDB Users

Take your favorite JS library (jQuery, Prototype, Dojo, MooTools, etc)
and call your Twitter REST request with the library's AJAX method.

That's all there's to know. Otherwise, look at code-archives like
StackOverflow or post your request there. Or hire a developer that
does the work for you...

Eric Dorman

Nov 10, 2009, 12:14:59 PM11/10/09
to NextDB Users
Hey Ibec,

Here is something I found:

http://code.google.com/p/jquery-twitter-api/source/browse/trunk/jquery-twitter-plugin.js

Could that work for me?

Thanks & God Bless,
Eric

ibec

Nov 11, 2009, 2:42:44 AM11/11/09
to NextDB Users
Yeah, that should get you going.

But please keep this forum "on topic" with NextDB stuff, so it can act
as a clean knowledge archive.

-Ivo