course on U(1) extensions of the Standard Model and anomalous symmetries

claudio....@gmail.com

Apr 23, 2015, 10:27:49 AM4/23/15
to next-phd...@googlegroups.com
Hello to everybody
As Prof. Moretti was mentioning, I will be giving a series of lectures on particle/theory/phenomenology.
They will have both a field theory and a phenomenological content.
I plan to cover anomalies, the neutral currents sector of the Standard Model,
anomaly cancelations and direct applications.
In particular I will provide details about some variants of the Standard Model which
contain anomalous abelian symmetries, and their cancelation by an axion.
I will address two constructions, one originated from string theory
(termed MLSOM), and one susy version of it, called the NMSSM-A.
The second model contains two dark matter components: neutralino and axions.
The class of susy models I will discuss, which I have developed along the years, introduce a "gauged axion", which generalize the traditional Peccei-Quinn axion.
Some parts of the mini course will be blackboard lectures, for others I will be using transparencies.
If time allows, I will also talk about ordinary U(1)'s and their detection using the Drell-Yan mechanism. I need your feedback.
My goal is to make both the more mathematically oriented and the phenomenologists
interested in the topics. It is a difficult enterprise, but I will try.
A detailed program will appear in a while. This is just to keep the ball rolling...

Refs

U(1)'s

2) Searching for Extra Z-prime from Strings and Other Models at the LHC with Leptoproduction
By Claudio Coriano, Alon E. Faraggi, Marco Guzzi.
arXiv:0802.1792 [hep-ph].
10.1103/PhysRevD.78.015012.
Phys.Rev. D78 (2008) 015012.

3) Trilinear Anomalous Gauge Interactions from Intersecting Branes and the Neutral Currents Sector
By Roberta Armillis, Claudio Coriano, Marco Guzzi.
arXiv:0711.3424 [hep-ph].
10.1088/1126-6708/2008/05/015.
JHEP 0805 (2008) 015.

U(1)'s and axions: The MLSOM (Minimal Low Scale Orientifold Model)

1) On the effective theory of low scale orientifold string vacua
By Claudio Coriano, Nikos Irges, Elias Kiritsis.
hep-ph/0510332.
10.1016/j.nuclphysb.2006.04.009.
Nucl.Phys. B746 (2006) 77-135.

2) Stuckelberg Axions and the Effective Action of Anomalous Abelian Models 2. A SU(3)C x SU(2)W x U(1)Y x U(1)B model and its signature at the LHC
By Nikos Irges, Claudio Coriano, Simone Morelli.
hep-ph/0703127 [HEP-PH].
10.1016/j.nuclphysb.2007.07.027.
Nucl.Phys. B789 (2008) 133-174.

3) Stuckelberg axions and the effective action of anomalous Abelian models. 1. A Unitarity analysis of the Higgs-axion mixing
By Claudio Coriano, Nikos Irges, Simone Morelli.
hep-ph/0701010.
10.1088/1126-6708/2007/07/008.
JHEP 0707 (2007) 008.

4) Windows over a New Low Energy Axion
By Claudio Coriano, Nikos Irges.
hep-ph/0612140.
10.1016/j.physletb.2007.06.022.
Phys.Lett. B651 (2007) 298-305.

1) An Anomalous Extra Z Prime from Intersecting Branes with Drell-Yan and Direct Photons at the LHC
By Roberta Armillis, Claudio Coriano, Marco Guzzi, Simone Morelli.
arXiv:0809.3772 [hep-ph].
10.1016/j.nuclphysb.2009.01.016.
Nucl.Phys. B814 (2009) 156-179.

5) A Light Supersymmetric Axion in an Anomalous Abelian Extension of the Standard Model
By Claudio Coriano, Marco Guzzi, Antonio Mariano, Simone Morelli.
arXiv:0811.3675 [hep-ph].
10.1103/PhysRevD.80.035006.
Phys.Rev. D80 (2009) 035006.

6) Axion and Neutralinos from Supersymmetric Extensions of the Standard Model with anomalous U(1)'s
By Claudio Coriano, Marco Guzzi, Nikos Irges, Antonio Mariano.
arXiv:0811.0117 [hep-ph].
10.1016/j.physletb.2008.12.003.
Phys.Lett. B671 (2009) 87-90.

Axion Cosmology and relic densities

1) Cosmological Properties of a Gauged Axion
By Claudio Coriano, Marco Guzzi, George Lazarides, Antonio Mariano.
arXiv:1005.5441 [hep-ph].
10.1103/PhysRevD.82.065013.
Phys.Rev. D82 (2010) 065013.

2) Relic Densities of Dark Matter in the U(1)-Extended NMSSM and the Gauged Axion Supermultiplet
By Claudio Coriano, Marco Guzzi, Antonio Mariano.
arXiv:1010.2010 [hep-ph].
10.1103/PhysRevD.85.095008.
Phys.Rev. D85 (2012) 095008.

Stefano Moretti

Jun 6, 2015, 6:39:57 PM6/6/15
to next-phd...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

The course is now confirmed to take place between 15:00 and 17:00 every day starting Mon 15 June and ending Fri 19 June. It will physically be delivered from the SEPnet VC Room in Southampton (Building 46, Room 4121) and brodcasted via the Southampton Visimeet Room (SEPnet5).

Further info and materials will shortly appear at

https://sites.google.com/site/nextphd/next-phd-schedule

SM