Re: newyorkmoon - 4 new messages in 2 topics - digest

Vadim Nikitin

May 8, 2009, 1:16:17 PM5/8/09
to newyorkmoon group, newyorkmoon digest subscribers
John Minervini lives in Portland, and is frequently underemployed. He would love to help Im sure.

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 12:59 PM, newyorkmoon group <nor...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

New York Moon
http://groups.google.com/group/newyorkmoon?hl=en

newyo...@googlegroups.com

Today's topics:

* Do we have a correspondent in Oregon? - 1 messages, 1 author
 http://groups.google.com/group/newyorkmoon/t/8c9b290fcbc46fe7?hl=en
* twitter radio, another sneak peak - 3 messages, 3 authors
 http://groups.google.com/group/newyorkmoon/t/1b3410c2c924d792?hl=en

TOPIC: Do we have a correspondent in Oregon?
http://groups.google.com/group/newyorkmoon/t/8c9b290fcbc46fe7?hl=en

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Fri, May 1 2009 8:48 am
From: Peter K

i have a filmmaker friend who lives in Portland.  How about instead of
photos and organized alphabets, video?  Nature, biology, earth,
self-sustainability, these topics are right up her alley. I can email her
and see if she interested filming the tree-smith.

--
apply yourself to converting your experience to the highest advantage of
others

http://soundcloud.com/piedra-de-sol

TOPIC: twitter radio, another sneak peak
http://groups.google.com/group/newyorkmoon/t/1b3410c2c924d792?hl=en

== 1 of 3 ==
Date: Thurs, May 7 2009 6:15 am
From: Steven Hasty

Our twitter radio "host" could also solicit calls-in via http://www.tweetcall.com/
and read aloud the ones in @reply.

On May 1, 11:36 am, "Matt L. Hackett" <mlhack...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm definitely a supporter of open source, but at this point it's not enough
> of a well-polished piece of software that I'd feel comfortable having the
> source out there with my name on it. It may get there as I finish up, we'll
> have to see.
>
> I'll be writing up both a technical and a prose blurb about the project for
> the site, the former explaining how it works. The very simple version is
> that there are three components (one of which is not yet done):
> 1. A service that collects tweets, filters, scrubs, reformats them, and
> saves to a database. Google's Language APIs are used to pick out only
> coherent English tweets, amongst other text things.
> 2. A second service pulls tweets from the database and puts them together
> into a speech-ready form of mark-up (essentially HTML-for-speech-synthesis),
> then feeds this to an open source speech synthesis engine called Festival
> 3. A specially configured web server that serves up processed sound files
>
> On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 5:45 AM, Bradley Hope <bradleyh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > This is very cool. I think we should make it open source --- how
> > exactly does it work, anyway?
>
> > On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 11:59 PM, Zack Sultan <zcsul...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > THIS IS SOOOO FUCKING COOL.

== 2 of 3 ==
Date: Thurs, May 7 2009 6:18 am
From: "Matt L. Hackett"

Though this example doesn't show it, the application actually does
take @replies to @tweet_radio and render them in the stream -- lots of
interesting possibilities here. TweetCall makes that even better.

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 9:15 AM, Steven Hasty <steven...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Our twitter radio "host" could also solicit calls-in via http://www.tweetcall.com/
> and read aloud the ones in @reply.
>
> On May 1, 11:36 am, "Matt L. Hackett" <mlhack...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm definitely a supporter of open source, but at this point it's not enough
>> of a well-polished piece of software that I'd feel comfortable having the
>> source out there with my name on it. It may get there as I finish up, we'll
>> have to see.
>>
>> I'll be writing up both a technical and a prose blurb about the project for
>> the site, the former explaining how it works. The very simple version is
>> that there are three components (one of which is not yet done):
>> 1. A service that collects tweets, filters, scrubs, reformats them, and
>> saves to a database. Google's Language APIs are used to pick out only
>> coherent English tweets, amongst other text things.
>> 2. A second service pulls tweets from the database and puts them together
>> into a speech-ready form of mark-up (essentially HTML-for-speech-synthesis),
>> then feeds this to an open source speech synthesis engine called Festival
>> 3. A specially configured web server that serves up processed sound files
>>
>> On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 5:45 AM, Bradley Hope <bradleyh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > This is very cool. I think we should make it open source --- how
>> > exactly does it work, anyway?

== 3 of 3 ==
Date: Thurs, May 7 2009 8:28 am
From: diana kolsky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrlS9_n8GX4

To change the way you get mail from this group, visit:
http://groups.google.com/group/newyorkmoon/subscribe?hl=en

To report abuse, send email explaining the problem to ab...@googlegroups.com

Google Groups: http://groups.google.com/?hl=en