twitter radio on the way

Matt L. Hackett

Feb 7, 2009, 2:02:41 PM2/7/09
to New York Moon
Hi All-

There's still a lot left to do to get this in real 'radio' format, but
for your entertainment here is a basic proof of concept of the Twitter-
as-radio project for the upcoming issue:

http://mhackett.net/tweetradio/tweetradio_proof_of_concept3.mp3

Cheers,
-- Matt

Steven Hasty

Feb 7, 2009, 2:40:20 PM2/7/09
to New York Moon
Excellent. While this is still in the conceptual stage, I'd like to
propose we find a way to pull out links and, well, link them up, and
perhaps present them in bubbles that rise up and then pop and
disappear, possibly with a prototype-like effect.

Also, the Moon connects to AWS EC2 in case we need more capacity. If
just one stream, I would think it unlikely, but it's there.

Zack Sultan

Feb 7, 2009, 5:55:27 PM2/7/09
to newyo...@googlegroups.com
This is so so cool.

We've talked/should talk about a few things in relation to this:

- How to filter or curate this. Do we have multiple channels of it, or do we focus on one that's a combination of Moon generated tweets and randoms?

- Ads or music to be interspersed

- Promo spots / call signs

- What sort of things from the text of a tweet should Matt's application change to something more radio-y

- A low static drone in the background

There were, like, a dozen other things. Matt?

Anna

Feb 10, 2009, 2:26:12 PM2/10/09
to New York Moon
This sounds great, if a little creepy.

Browsing, I ran across this: http://shortyawards.com/
Awards for the most "artfully constructed" twitter journal. Is there
such a thing?

xo

On Feb 7, 8:55 pm, Zack Sultan <zcsul...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is so so cool.
>
> We've talked/should talk about a few things in relation to this:
>
> - How to filter or curate this. Do we have multiple channels of it, or do we
> focus on one that's a combination of Moon generated tweets and randoms?
>
> - Ads or music to be interspersed
>
> - Promo spots / call signs
>
> - What sort of things from the text of a tweet should Matt's application
> change to something more radio-y
>
> - A low static drone in the background
>
> There were, like, a dozen other things. Matt?

Steven Hasty

Mar 12, 2009, 5:41:34 PM3/12/09
to New York Moon
A new twitter automaton tweets fortunes. http://twitter.com/fortunebird
Assuming we are curating our twitter radio, this belongs in the
permanent collection.