I’m voting Yes for clean air and clean water, and I urge you to do the same!

Tony Del Plato

Oct 25, 2021, 1:35:34 PM10/25/21
to postingsustainabletompkins, cayug...@googlegroups.com, GEAN, Dan Hoffman, Eldred Harris, Eric Bandford, Jan Norman, Jules Hojnowski, Krys Cail, Laura Buttenbaum, Sareanda Lourdes, Maya K van Rossum, Joshua Cohen, Amanda Sachs, mcn...@hws.edu, Anne Derousie, Anne Furman, Barbara Estrin, Barbara Harrison, Carolyn Kenyon, Deb Driscoll, Denny Wolfe, gillian pederson-krag, Jean Currie, Judith Jones, Laurie Rubin, Liz McCheyne, Mike Elliott, Rachel Weil, Rebecca Elgie, Sarah Schantz, Shirley Barton, Susan Ottenweller, Susan Soboroff, Susanne Lipari, New York Cooperative network, Michael O'Neil, Green Party of New York State, Adam Michaelides
NYS Environmental Advocates, The Green Amendment of the Generations & the Adirondack Mountain Club are sponsoring this legislative effort. Please circulate this message to family, friends & lists. Thanks for supporting this effort to protect ourselves and the coming generations.

On November 2, Vote For Proposition 2 on the back of the ballot.
thanks,
Tony

Anthony Del Plato, Village Trustee & Water Commissioner

If you do not take an interest in the affairs of your government, then you are doomed to live under the rule of fools.

Aristotle

“To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.” ― Audrey Hepburn

Vote YES for environmental rights on the November New York State ballot (Proposal 2)

Email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.

I’m voting Yes for clean air and clean water, and I urge you to do the same!

Dear New York members!

Everyone should have a right to clean air and water. With your support, we’re one step closer to making that a reality for all New Yorkers. We have a historic opportunity to vote to give ourselves a right to clean air, clean water, and a healthful environment. Vote YES for environmental rights on the November New York State ballot (Proposal 2)!

Tomorrow, October 23rd, early voting begins. Instead of waiting until November 2nd to cast your vote in person, you can vote early at your local polling place starting October 23rd through October 31st.

Visit the Vote Yes For Clean Air and Water website to learn more and follow the campaign’s social media channels on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter).

Voting YES on environmental rights will create legal safeguards for New Yorkers to secure clean air and water for generations to come. And we’ll need your help to get the word out to voters from the mountains to the coastline and everywhere in between.

This is our air; this is our water—let’s ensure our shared environment is clean and safe for all. From Niagara Falls to the Hudson River, we’re counting on your support.

Let’s make New York State a leader in environmental rights!

Paid for by Vote Yes for Clean Air and Water

Support Green Amendments For The Generations by making a donation.

Contact
925 Canal St, Suite 3701   |   Bristol, PA 19007
Phone: (215)-369-1188   |   Fax: (215)-369-1181   |   Email:
ma...@forthegenerations.org

Copyright © 2021, All rights reserved.
If you were forwarded this email from a friend, click here to subscribe.
Or, update your subscription preferences here.

View this email in your browser.

--
"Being American is being more than a pride we inherit. It's the past we step into and how we repair it. We've seen a force that would shatter our nation rather than share it. Would destroy our country if it meant delaying democracy." Amanda Gornman
If we pollute the water & air, the vegetables & minerals, we destroy ourselves. We have to learn to see ourselves

Tony Del Plato

Oct 25, 2021, 4:11:17 PM10/25/21
to Sustainability in Tompkins County, cayug...@googlegroups.com, GEAN, Dan Hoffman, Eldred Harris, Eric Bandford, Jan Norman, Jules Hojnowski, Krys Cail, Laura Buttenbaum, Sareanda Lourdes, Maya K van Rossum, Joshua Cohen, Amanda Sachs, mcn...@hws.edu, Anne Derousie, Anne Furman, Barbara Estrin, Barbara Harrison, Carolyn Kenyon, Deb Driscoll, Denny Wolfe, gillian pederson-krag, Jean Currie, Judith Jones, Laurie Rubin, Liz McCheyne, Mike Elliott, Rachel Weil, Rebecca Elgie, Sarah Schantz, Shirley Barton, Susan Ottenweller, Susan Soboroff, Susanne Lipari, New York Cooperative network, Michael O'Neil, Green Party of New York State, Adam Michaelides
Thanks Hilary,
Yes all 5 amendments add value to the political process. I will vote "Yes" on all
Tony

On Mon, Oct 25, 2021 at 2:14 PM Hilary Lambert <ste...@cayugalake.org> wrote:
Thanks Tony.
I think it is good to vote yes on all of the NY Constitutional amendments on the back of the ballot!
Hilary

Dr. Hilary Lambert
(she/her/hers)
Steward/Executive Director (until late 2021)
Cayuga Lake Watershed Network
POB 348 Aurora NY 13026

“It takes a Network to protect a watershed!”

ste...@cayugalake.org
www.cayugalake.org

Tony Del Plato

Oct 25, 2021, 8:34:19 PM10/25/21
to Sustainability in Tompkins County, cayug...@googlegroups.com, GEAN, Dan Hoffman, Eldred Harris, Eric Bandford, Jan Norman, Jules Hojnowski, Krys Cail, Laura Buttenbaum, Sareanda Lourdes, Maya K van Rossum, Joshua Cohen, Amanda Sachs, mcn...@hws.edu, Anne Derousie, Anne Furman, Barbara Estrin, Barbara Harrison, Carolyn Kenyon, Deb Driscoll, Denny Wolfe, gillian pederson-krag, Jean Currie, Judith W. Jones, Laurie Rubin, Liz McCheyne, Mike Elliott, Rachel Weil, Rebecca Elgie, Sarah Schantz, Shirley Barton, Susan Ottenweller, Susan Soboroff, Susanne Lipari, New York Cooperative network, Michael O'Neil, Green Party of New York State, Adam C. Michaelides
Thank you Catherine for your detailed look at Proposition 1. As is often the case, the devil is in the details. Considering the problem you've outlined, would you still vote for Prop 1?
Tony Del Plato

On Mon, Oct 25, 2021 at 4:36 PM Catherine Mary Wagner <cm...@cornell.edu> wrote:

Proposition 1 is not so clear – it has some very good parts to it but the party that is in the majority will have more ability to control redistricting than is currently possible under the provisions of the amendment passed in 2014.  This opens things up to serious gerrymandering by the party in power now and then  10 years from now.  It is unfortunate that this is included along with some very good things in the proposition.

Thanks Tony.

Image removed by sender.

[...]

Image removed by sender.Image removed by sender.Image removed by sender.Image removed by sender.Image removed by sender.