最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Joe Brislin

未読、
2011/05/03 11:28:272011/05/03
To: newv...@googlegroups.com
In case we are interested, I looked up some domain names that we can use for a marketing website for the user group. The following are available:
If we like either one of those, I'd be more than happy to secure it for us. I also spoke to my President here and he essentially gave me free reign to use whatever services I needed for the group. So we can host the site for free here at SiteVision and I exchange I offered to display their logo as a Sponsor of the group on the new site.

I know that Greg mentioned that his wife would be willing to do a design for the site. I'd be more than happy to offer my time to slice up the site and layout the html/css and even add a cms to it so that multiple people can manage the content.

I'd think it'd be great for helping to market the site and help recruit members. I think we need to get this rolling but am interested to see what everyone else in the group thinks.

Thanks,
Joe

Michael Haggerty

未読、
2011/05/03 11:35:142011/05/03
To: newv...@googlegroups.com
Joe,

That sounds great!  I think a website would be very helpful -- it would give us the SEO capabilities like you mentioned last night and would give us a bit more credibility.

Perhaps we could build it w/ a Mura backend to give some CMS abilities -- so we can post meeting notes and links to various technolgies that we demo and talk about in the meetings.

I vote for newvaaug.org.  Could be stylized as NewVaAUG.org

Thanks,
Mike

Joe Brislin

未読、
2011/05/03 11:48:322011/05/03
To: newv...@googlegroups.com
Mike,

Yeah I was planning on using Mura for the CMS. It would be very easy for me to implement and I can easily show others how to use the admin to update content as necessary. We could probably even setup a blog of sorts to post articles about the meetings and other such stuff.

What do others think about the domain name?

Thanks,
Joe

Jeff

未読、
2011/05/03 11:53:442011/05/03
To: NewVa Adobe User Group
Mike,

Sounds like a great idea! Thanks for taking the lead on this and
thanks to SiteVision for the resources.

I like newvaaug.org as a domain name. Such a site will give us more
legitimacy with potential users and (hopefully) with Adobe.

Jeff

On May 3, 11:48 am, Joe Brislin <jbris...@sitevision.com> wrote:
> Mike,
>
> Yeah I was planning on using Mura for the CMS. It would be very easy for
> me to implement and I can easily show others how to use the admin to
> update content as necessary. We could probably even setup a blog of
> sorts to post articles about the meetings and other such stuff.
>
> What do others think about the domain name?
>
> Thanks,
> Joe
>
> On 5/3/11 11:35 AM, Michael Haggerty wrote:
>

> > Joe,
>
> > That sounds great!  I think a website would be very helpful -- it
> > would give us the SEO capabilities like you mentioned last night and
> > would give us a bit more credibility.
>
> > Perhaps we could build it w/ a Mura backend to give some CMS abilities
> > -- so we can post meeting notes and links to various technolgies that
> > we demo and talk about in the meetings.
>
> > I vote for newvaaug.org <http://newvaaug.org>.  Could be stylized as
> > NewVaAUG.org
>
> > Thanks,
> > Mike
>
> > On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 11:28 AM, Joe Brislin <jbris...@sitevision.com
> > <mailto:jbris...@sitevision.com>> wrote:
>
> >     In case we are interested, I looked up some domain names that we
> >     can use for a marketing website for the user group. The following
> >     are available:
>
> >         * newvaadobe.org <http://newvaadobe.org>
> >         * newvaaug.org <http://newvaaug.org>
>
> >     If we like either one of those, I'd be more than happy to secure
> >     it for us. I also spoke to my President here and he essentially
> >     gave me free reign to use whatever services I needed for the
> >     group. So we can host the site for free here at SiteVision and I
> >     exchange I offered to display their logo as a Sponsor of the group
> >     on the new site.
>
> >     I know that Greg mentioned that his wife would be willing to do a
> >     design for the site. I'd be more than happy to offer my time to
> >     slice up the site and layout the html/css and even add a cms to it
> >     so that multiple people can manage the content.
>
> >     I'd think it'd be great for helping to market the site and help
> >     recruit members. I think we need to get this rolling but am
> >     interested to see what everyone else in the group thinks.
>
> >     Thanks,
> >     Joe
> >     --

Jeff

未読、
2011/05/03 11:56:002011/05/03
To: NewVa Adobe User Group
Sorry, guys... meant to address that last post to *JOE*.

Joe Brislin

未読、
2011/05/04 10:10:082011/05/04
To: newv...@googlegroups.com
Well we know own the NewVAAUG.org domain. I will get with Greg and Maureen about the design for the site. If anyone has ideas of what they would like to see included on the site, please let me know.

Thanks,
Joe

Michael Haggerty

未読、
2011/05/04 10:21:322011/05/04
To: newv...@googlegroups.com
Awesome!  Thanks, Joe.

My input for content:
1) meeting minutes -- this should be useful for SEO purposes as well
2) meeting location time and place -- maps
3) links to google groups, how to join our group, etc.
4) purpose of group -- who we are, why we're meeting, etc.
5) place where presentations and such can be reviewed.

Thanks,
Mike
全員に返信
投稿者に返信