New list

Travis Tabbal

Jul 18, 2013, 4:40:49 PM7/18/13
to new...@googlegroups.com
Everyone is welcome to join. I'm planning to post a beta there with the name and icon changes hopefully tonight.

Scott Fringer

Jul 18, 2013, 4:42:31 PM7/18/13
to new...@googlegroups.com
Requested to join. :-)

Scott

Alan J Robertson

Jul 18, 2013, 4:48:16 PM7/18/13
to new...@googlegroups.com
Woo the name's official then - it has a Google Group ;)

Requested to join now.

A.
--
Sent by Alan J Robertson (a...@alanjrobertson.co.uk)
Tel: +44 (0)7939-558-403

Travis Tabbal

Jul 18, 2013, 5:06:46 PM7/18/13
to new...@googlegroups.com
Yup. It's like a real project or something. :)

All have been approved.

Rod Nayfield

Jul 18, 2013, 5:15:16 PM7/18/13
to new...@googlegroups.com

play store to follow?

IMHO graze RSS beta is more stable than many play store apps already...

Tim Wood

Jul 18, 2013, 5:20:52 PM7/18/13
to new...@googlegroups.com
Applied to group.

Travis Tabbal

Jul 18, 2013, 5:22:22 PM7/18/13
to new...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!

I want to run one more beta after I fix an icon I didn't catch (I have a version with the new name/icon on my phone). Then I'll post it over on the new list. If nobody else finds the app using the wrong name/icon, I'll push to the Play store. The account is all set up, I just want to be sure I have things good before I go for a public release.

Mark Otway

Jul 18, 2013, 5:36:53 PM7/18/13
to Newsrob Group

Have you updated the widget to the new icon? And grepped for "newsrob" across the code? I noticed b11 still had a "Buy Newsrob pro" link in the menu.

Travis Tabbal

Jul 18, 2013, 5:42:52 PM7/18/13
to new...@googlegroups.com
b11 doesn't have the updates. I do need to fix the buy menu item though. :)

Mark Otway

Jul 18, 2013, 5:45:17 PM7/18/13
to Newsrob Group

Yep.

Btw, tried to sign up to the new group but not sure if sign up works on Android. Did it work?

Travis Tabbal

Jul 18, 2013, 5:59:05 PM7/18/13
to new...@googlegroups.com

Mark Otway

Jul 19, 2013, 1:32:43 AM7/19/13
to Newsrob Group

Only google could have a Web page with a "join" link on mobile that doesn't actually work on their own mobile OS...

Tim Wood

Jul 19, 2013, 9:12:09 PM7/19/13
to new...@googlegroups.com
Try go browse the new Google Play store from the old stock android browser or Dolphin, it's horrible. There is no search box or button. It's really slow. Horrible.

Christopher Nebergall

Jul 20, 2013, 4:12:55 PM7/20/13
to new...@googlegroups.com, tra...@tabbal.net
One issue I saw with Beta 2 (and most likely previous) is if you get your password wrong logging into newsblur there is a literal "\n" in the error message.

-Topher