Summary of development (wiki?)

jakob.s...@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2013, 6:40:10 AM7/11/13
to new...@googlegroups.com
I'm very happy to see that development is going on witth an opensource version of newsrob.

I have googled for a summary of what's going on (wikipage?) but have found any info. The amount of info in all mailthreads is just a little to much to read through for me now.  Last time I installed the beta it did not start but I guess things are improving fast now... :-)

Is there a summary of whats working in beta (compared to "old" newsrob), what the goals/roadmap is, etc.

One more thing that I was thinking about was that I read that feedly (now) had a API that should be compatible with google reader. If it's so should it not be VERY easy to get the old (or possibly the beta) version working with that API?
I'm using feedly now, but the web and client interface really sucks....

BR

Hugo Ahlenius

Jul 12, 2013, 2:43:10 AM7/12/13
to new...@googlegroups.com
jakob.s...@gmail.com wrote on 2013-07-11:
> One more thing that I was thinking about was that I read that feedly
> (now) had a API that should be compatible with google reader. If it's so
> should it not be VERY easy to get the old (or possibly the beta) version
> working with that API? I'm using feedly now, but the web and client
> interface really sucks.... BR

I would love to try out the NewsRob beta, but it is a bit of a chicken/egg
situation - I am reluctant to sign up/pay for NewsBlur until I know that
NewsRob works as it should.

For you that are looking for alternatives - there are plenty of Feedly
clients in the play store, I am trying one that is called D7, and it seems
to work ok - a bit similar to NewsRob, but I don't think it is as good for
offline reading.

--
Hugo Ahlenius
fraxinus (at-sign) oxel.net

Mark Otway

Jul 12, 2013, 8:06:09 AM7/12/13
to Newsrob Group

Why don't you use the free version if newsblur.....? You don't need the paid version.

Tim Wood

Jul 12, 2013, 9:03:27 AM7/12/13
to new...@googlegroups.com
I've found gReader to be quite powerful. I'm using that with Feedly for now. Watching GrazeRSS develop. :-)

jakob.s...@gmail.com

Jul 14, 2013, 7:27:01 PM7/14/13
to new...@googlegroups.com, jakob.s...@gmail.com
Any thoughts/reply to the original question? Is there not ANY page/summary for what's going on with beta development or do one have to read all messages here?

BR

Scott Fringer

Jul 14, 2013, 8:09:12 PM7/14/13
to new...@googlegroups.com

There is not currently a running changelog. You will need to read through the messages. Usually the first message of each version thread contains the changes.

Sean Houlihane

Jul 15, 2013, 3:22:53 AM7/15/13
to new...@googlegroups.com
I'm on one of the more recent betas, and it works fine for me - no problems apart from an occasional server slowness (which I assume is newsblur)

I was lucky, I got in the queue for several of the alternative server sites as soon as the original announcement came out.

In terms of supporting other back-ends, that may take a while longer, and it's done when its done...

Hugo Ahlenius

Jul 15, 2013, 7:51:39 AM7/15/13
to new...@googlegroups.com
Mark Otway wrote on 2013-07-12:
> Why don't you use the free version if newsblur.....? You don't need the
> paid version.

Now I do! Time to download the beta and test it, I had to wait in line to
get the free version enabled for a few days...

<http://oxel.net>
> http://www.oxel.net
>

> -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the
Google
> Groups "NewsRob User Group" group. To unsubscribe from this group and
> stop receiving emails from it, send an email to
> newsrob+u...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:newsrob%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com> . To post to this
> group, send email to new...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:new...@googlegroups.com> . Visit this group at

Samuel Clay

Jul 16, 2013, 12:37:54 PM7/16/13
to new...@googlegroups.com
There shouldn't be any slowness on the NewsBlur side. You can quite easily track speed by looking at NewsBlur's graphs on the homepage/dashboard.