Newsrob & ownCloud

rseffner

Jul 9, 2013, 12:39:41 PM7/9/13
to new...@googlegroups.com
Sometimes I read wishes of alternate backends to be supported by Newsrob. I understand the decision for NewsBlur because of the availability of Java code, I also expect support for feedly because it is widely used. But what about supporting of ownCloud in a later step.

I used the closing of googles reader and the security news to host my own stuff by myself step by step - so I'm able to save and transfer data encrypred and in case of ownCloud I'm able to run my own news aggregator.

regards, Ronny

johannes amorosa

Jul 11, 2013, 7:36:42 AM7/11/13
to new...@googlegroups.com
News are disturbing I did the same - transfered to my own infrastructure.
I use tt-rss - it works but it doesn't feel very snappy.

I didn't knew the owncloud rss app exists - nice. If Newsrob could use the owncloud rss api - that would be amazing.

Johannes Amorosa | chat with me: j...@reh.re (xmpp) | mobil +49 163 361 1807 | skype johannes.amorosa

S 'Dis' McCarthy

Jul 11, 2013, 8:20:01 AM7/11/13
to new...@googlegroups.com
Kinda OT but I got ttrss to be much faster by enabling apc (the php precompiler cache.) Looking at the stats, its hit just under 30k times and missed 73 in the past 30 hours.. (Mod-spdy also helped, but not as much.) Something to consider. The other big gain is to use postgres instead of mysql.