view "feed" mode by default

Rob Al

Aug 14, 2013, 5:13:15 PM8/14/13
to new...@googlegroups.com
Really impressed with the work on this. I felt immediate relief of my withdrawal symptoms after installing grazerss from the store :)

I download "Articles + images + simplified web pages". In newsrob, there used to be an option to select whether the default view was "feed" or "Web" mode' but that appears to be missing. Can you bring it back or have I missed it somewhere?

Mark Otway

Aug 15, 2013, 1:25:04 AM8/15/13
to Newsrob Group

You need to long press any article or feed, choose "manage feed" and you can set the per-feed display / download settings. Same place it's always been...

On 15 Aug 2013 06:08, "Rob Al" <robert...@gmail.com> wrote:
Really impressed with the work on this. I felt immediate relief of my withdrawal symptoms after installing grazerss from the store :)

I download "Articles + images + simplified web pages". In newsrob, there used to be an option to select whether the default view was "feed" or "Web" mode' but that appears to be missing. Can you bring it back or have I missed it somewhere?

Rob Al

Aug 15, 2013, 6:23:40 PM8/15/13
to new...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!

I'm sure there was a 'universal' setting, rather than having to override 100+ feeds one by one. Or am I going crazy?

Tim Wood

Aug 15, 2013, 8:40:20 PM8/15/13
to new...@googlegroups.com
I still have the old Newsrob installed and I cannot find a global option to set the default view. Each feed setting has a "Select the display preference" which by default appears to be set to "Default (As download pref)". There IS a global setting for download default at Settings > Synchronization > Download Content Default, which you are already aware of.

I guess since this wasn't a feature in the past it would be a feature request...I recommend submitting to Github as an issue. (https://github.com/travistabbal/GrazeRSS/issues?labels=enhancement&page=1&state=open)

-Tim

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 6:23 PM, Rob Al <robert...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks!

I'm sure there was a 'universal' setting, rather than having to override 100+ feeds one by one. Or am I going crazy?

Mark Otway

Aug 16, 2013, 12:53:18 AM8/16/13
to Newsrob Group

Yeah, there never was a global feature for view. I'd prefer to be able to manage all feeds in a folder at once with a long press - eg set all my comics to article + images, but all my tech blogs to simplified Web page...

Rob Al

Aug 16, 2013, 3:47:06 AM8/16/13
to new...@googlegroups.com
thanks for the feedback guys. logged here: