primordialsoup.js needed in the Newspeak repo?

Milan Zimmermann

Jan 25, 2024, 12:55:08 AMJan 25
to newspeak...@googlegroups.com
Gilad,

For long, I was wondering about the reason for keeping primordialsoup.js in the Newspeak repo (actually there are 3 copies, ignoring the one in 'apple', there are two different versions, one on the top of the repo, the other in webIDE/public/assets/lib).

To serve a vfuel file, I need both primordialsoup.js and a matching primordialsoup.wasm; so I would understand if both were provided in the repo for people who do not run their own emscripten build, yet want to locally serve some vfuel locally. But keeping only primordialtoup.js was always confusing me there may be a deeper purpose I do not understand :)

With that reasoning, would it be ok to remove primordialsoup.js from the repo?

As always, I may be having it wrong,

Thanks,
Milan

Gilad Bracha

Jan 25, 2024, 12:19:48 PMJan 25
to newspeak...@googlegroups.com
Milan,

TBH, I'm not sure right now. Let's leave it for now until I have time to explore/remember what this was all about.

Cheers, Gilad

Milan Zimmermann

Jan 25, 2024, 5:07:41 PMJan 25
to newspeak...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good Gilad, I will leave primordialsoup.js in the repo. Thanks!