Readme file

Milan Zimmermann

Jan 11, 2024, 6:06:17 PMJan 11
to newspeak...@googlegroups.com
After a new year delay, I am resuming work on the build/deploy changes related to PWA version.

Two things I wanted to ask about:

- I should eventually place a brief usage documentation somewhere. I noticed the top level README.md (which had build instructions) was deleted in a commit Dec 19; is there a good place for usage documentation?

- Last time I forgot to put a license; I read in License that MIT is preferred - should it go on every new file top?

Thanks
Milan

Gilad Bracha

Jan 11, 2024, 8:22:34 PMJan 11
to newspeak...@googlegroups.com
Hi Milan,

I've put back a revised README. I removed it in a spurt of excess zeal because parts of it were obsolete. Please update it to reflect your work.
MIT license is indeed preferred (otherwise Apache). We haven't been putting it on every file, because Newspeak code is rarely viewed as a file. But it's probably a good idea.
Thanks!

Cheers, Gilad

Milan Zimmermann

Jan 12, 2024, 2:20:05 AMJan 12