From: Larry Victor <>Date: September 28, 2008 7:09:11 AM GMT+01:00To: Laurence Victor <ljv...@aol.com>Subject: BREAKING NEWSBREAKING NEWS I receive many emails with lists of interesting urls. Here I respond in kind with a few that I encountered surfing. followed by my take on the present. Larry
Methane release in Arctic now a FACT - which should be a major headline of a potential disaster far more dangerous than the financial crisis (which IS dangerous). There are sites where the methane is bubbling from the ocean surface! THIS IS A MAJOR TIPPING POINT FOR GLOBAL WARMING!
Has Sarah Palin Been Picked as the Titular Head of the Coming Police State? By Naomi Wolf
Scary report, including harassment of author. Why haven't MSNBC reported this: "Bush team trained and manages Palin"
Oct 1 US Army Brigade being assigned to "Homeland"
to provide command and control for federal homeland defense efforts and coordinate defense support of civil authorities.
Paulson's Pending Financial Catastrophe is today's WMD. The discussion of Bailout is how to invade, not whether to invade. Why is economic discourse allergic to political and power politics and conspiracy? Salon Radio: Notre Dame finance professor Richard Sheehan on the "reality" of the "crisis". Listen to the audio interview.
Asia Needs Deal to Prevent Panic Selling of U.S. Debt, Yu Says By Kevin Hamlin - evidence of foreign push for bailout. China wants to help.
Michael Moore's new video SLACKER UPRISING is now available free (for a while):
At that link, there are five ways you can watch it free and without advertising:
- blip.tv is providing streaming right from slackeruprising.com, free of commercials and advertising.
- Amazon Video on Demand is providing a higher resolution version of the above stream for people with lots of bandwidth.
- iTunes will make it easy for you to download "Slacker Uprising" on your iTunes, iPod, or Apple TV, and view it there or transmit it to your television. This way, the film can be portable as well as for home viewing. This is not available yet, but will be soon!
- Hypernia is providing bandwidth and servers to host MPEG4 and DivX versions of "Slacker Uprising" online, so you can burn a DVD or download the film to watch on your computer, XBOX, or PS3.
- Lycos is providing free streaming of the film and an on-demand version.
Stream it, download it, burn it now. It's the first time a major feature-length film is being released for free on the internet. You can be part of this historic moment by logging on now! P.P.S. If you're not yet registered to vote, here's a good link: https://www.voteforchange.com/.
The Blood of Dresden by Kurt VonnegutThe author Kurt Vonnegut was a prisoner of war in Dresden during the allied bombing raids and was later forced to dig out bodies from the ruined city. In papers discovered by his son after his death last year, he provides a searing eyewitness account of the 'obscene brutality' that inspired his novel Slaughterhouse-Five.