On the abysmal clown show that is now American "politics"—a huge distraction from what's really going on

Mark Crispin Miller

Aug 20, 2020, 2:21:49 PM8/20/20
to newsfromunderground
What's coming at us will arrive regardless of whichever frontperson sits
in the Oval Office (though I could be wrong, and hope I am).

In any case, let's give this sideshow the attention it deserves, but always think
beyond this year's pro wrestling match (or circus, as Ed Curtin calls it here), in
the hope that We the People make it through this year, and find some way to
bridge the Great Divide that's only weakened us, so we can work toward having
real elections by and by, whose outcomes really would reflect the will of the
electorate, and those thus actually elected work for us, and not for those above.

And if that doesn't work, we'll figure out what will.

MCM

American Politics: Send in the Clowns for the Circus Is in Town

Global Research, August 19, 2020
Region: USA
Theme: History

 17
  6  7

  31

Don’t bother, they’re here, already performing in the center ring under the big top owned and operated by The Umbrella People.

Trump, Biden, Pence, Harris, and their clownish sidekicks, Pompeo, Michelle Obama, et al., are performing daily under the umbrella’s shadowy protection. For The Umbrella People run a three-ring circus, and although their clowns pop out of separate tiny cars and, acting like enemies, squirt each other with water hoses to the audience’s delight, raucous laughter, and serious attentiveness, they are all part of the same show, working for the same bosses.

Sadly, many people think this circus is the real world and that the clowns are not allied pimps serving the interests of their masters, but are real enemies.

The Umbrella People are the moguls who own the showtime studios – some call them the secret government, the deep-state, or the power elite. They run a protection racket, so I like to use a term that emphasizes their method of making sure the sunlight of truth never gets to those huddled under their umbrella. They produce and direct the daily circus that is the American Spectacle, the movie that is meant to entertain and distract the audience from the side show that continues outside the big top, the place where millions of vulnerable people are abused and killed.

And although the sideshow is the real main event, few pay attention since their eyes are fixed on the center ring were the spotlight directs their focus.

The French writer Guy Debord called this The Society of the Spectacle.

For many months now, all eyes have been directed to the Covid-19 propaganda show with Fauci and Gates, and their mainstream corporate media mouthpieces, striking thunderbolts in the storm to scare the unknowing audience into submission so the transformation of the Great Global Reset, led by the World Economic Forum, Wall Street, the International Monetary Fund, et al can proceed smoothly.

Now hearts are aflutter with excitement to see the war-loving Joe Biden boldly coming forth like Lazarus from the grave to announce his choice of a masked vice-presidential running mate who will echo his pronouncements.

And the star of the big top, the softly coiffured reality television emcee Trump, around whom the spectacle swirls, elicits outraged responses as he plays the part of the comical bad guy.

Click on the link for the rest.