Newsbeuter does not show items generated by my script

Jarosław Janikowski

Apr 27, 2015, 2:43:56 PM4/27/15
to newsb...@googlegroups.com
hello,

I've written a script which scraps some information from a website. My script works perfectly fine, i've tested it in terminal as standalone program - it outputs this:

[code]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom">
    <channel>
        <title>japonce.pl</title>
        <link>http://japonce.pl/</link>
        <description>Obrazki ze strony japonce.pl.</description>
        <lastBuildDate>Mon, 27 Apr 2015 20:34:57 -0000</lastBuildDate>
        <item>
            <title>Obrazki z http://japonce.pl/ seria: 476</title>
            <link>file://./japoncepl/gallery.html</link>
            <description>Najnowsze obrazki z http://japonce.pl/ seria: 476</description>
            <pubDate>Mon, 27 Apr 2015 20:34:57 -0000</pubDate>
        </item>
    </channel>
</rss>
[/code]

where title, description and pubDate are always different from previous refersh

Why newsbeuter ignores this item?
How can I force newsbeuter to never ignore it?

regards
JJ

yitz

Apr 27, 2015, 2:48:06 PM4/27/15
to newsb...@googlegroups.com
Can you supply how you're feeding this into newsbeuter? What's your urls file look like?
Does your script depend on specific environment settings?

Jarosław Janikowski

Apr 27, 2015, 3:15:47 PM4/27/15
to newsb...@googlegroups.com
Can you supply how you're feeding this into newsbeuter? What's your urls file look like?

I have line:

exec:~/.newsbeuter/scrappers/japoncepl/__init__.py

in my urls file.

Does your script depend on specific environment settings?

No, my script works, i'm sure of it because it creates entry in "Your feeds" screen: "(0/0) japonce.pl", and outputs valid RSS channel in terminal when i test it as standalone program.
The problem is when I hit "r" key to update this channel, channel stays empty, it does not add item.

yitz

Apr 27, 2015, 4:44:10 PM4/27/15
to newsb...@googlegroups.com
Your terminal and newsbeuter run in different environments with different environment settings. It's possible there's something in your env that your script needs which newsbeuter's env lacks.
That said, try replacing ~ with a full path and see if that makes any difference.