Tiny Tiny RSS-support, SSL and mismatching hostname

Niels Kobschätzki

Nov 12, 2014, 3:04:07 AM11/12/14
to newsb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am using Tiny Tiny RSS on a shared web hosting service.
The URL for TT RSS is tt-rss.mydomain.com, the SSL-certificate is of course someserver.mysharedwebhoster.com. When I activate SSL for TT RSS in Newsbeuter connecting fails because of the mismatching certificate if I understand the logs and what I found out through Google so far.
Is there any way that I can connect via SSL to my TT RSS-installation? I do not want to send my password all the time unencrypted over the internet.
From what I gathered Newsbeuter uses curl for communicating with TT RSS but I am not sure if this correct. Curl has the option -k or --insecure for connecting anyways in those cases if I understood the man-page correctly. Any way that I can activate that in Newsbeuter?

Niels