Accessing podcast enclosure via macro

Honza M.

Apr 20, 2017, 3:32:01 PM4/20/17
to newsbeuter
Hi,

is there a way to access the pocast enclosure link (the link to the actual audio file) via a macro in newsbeuter? Sometimes I'd like to pass the audio file URL to other programs than podbeuter and it'd be a lot easier, if I could do it using a macro.

Thanks for any answers.

Alexander Batischev

Apr 21, 2017, 2:42:42 PM4/21/17
to newsb...@googlegroups.com
Hi there!
As far as I know: no, you can't do it at the moment.

But the upside is, the ~/.newsbeuter/queue file is plain text and
contains one URL per line, so you can write a script that'll pull the
last enqueued URL out and pass it to whatever program you need (possibly
erasing the URL after that).

If anyone's interested in working on this, I will accept a patch that
adds enclosure's URL to the end of the URLs list, so that you can use
the following trick:

macro i set browser "your_program %u" ; open-in-browser ; set browser "your real browser"

This will let you pass the URL to your program by opening the URL dialog
(`u`), selecting the last URL (`End` should work) and invoking the macro
(`,i` in this case).

--
Regards,
Alexander Batischev

PGP key 356961A20C8BFD03
Fingerprint: CE6C 4307 9348 58E3 FD94 A00F 3569 61A2 0C8B FD03

signature.asc

Honza M.

Apr 26, 2017, 11:57:55 AM4/26/17
to newsbeuter
Another solution would be to allow macros in podbeuter as well, then we could use those to access the downloaded files. But I'm not a coder, I wouldn't know where to start making that happen.