Filter expressions for specifying article/feed date ranges

gilf

Dec 5, 2014, 3:38:16 PM12/5/14
to newsb...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

May I have an example of a filter expression statement for specifying a date range of articles across feeds? I've tried the attribute-operator-value syntax, with 'date' and 'feeddate' attributes, and variations of the strftime format, but as yet not working.

Help would be very appreciated.

Gilbert

gilf

Jan 3, 2015, 2:50:23 PM1/3/15
to newsb...@googlegroups.com
Can anyone in the group help? I'm trying to list articles published across multiple feeds within a user-defined date range.  I opened up the cache sqlite db file to find a date format I could use in a filter expression, but the pubDate is a 10 digit number which is unfamiliar.

A bit stuck on this. I like newsbeuter, and would be reluctant to change to another rss.

Gilbert

Francesco Ariis

Jan 3, 2015, 3:05:04 PM1/3/15
to newsb...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Jan 03, 2015 at 11:50:23AM -0800, gilf wrote:
> > May I have an example of a filter expression statement for specifying a
> > date range of articles across feeds? I've tried the
> > attribute-operator-value syntax, with 'date' and 'feeddate' attributes, and
> > variations of the strftime format, but as yet not working.
> >
> > Help would be very appreciated.
> >
> > Gilbert

`date =~ "02 Jan"` matches articles from 02/01/15 here, so I am guessing
the `date` and `feeddate` fields are textual. I guess a regexp involving
date wouldn't be impossible.

Another option would be using the `age between 5:10` syntax.

Does that help?
-F

signature.asc

jon_c

Jan 6, 2015, 2:10:25 AM1/6/15
to newsb...@googlegroups.com
the 'age between 5:10' is very useful - however I'm having a hard time AND-ing that with the tag filters

"query:!!TOP:\"age between 0:1 and tags  =~ \"top\""

doesn't seem to work for some reason, though both of those query filters seem to work independently.

gilf

Jan 23, 2015, 8:59:51 AM1/23/15
to newsb...@googlegroups.com, fa...@ariis.it
Hello Francesco,