Mailing list for Information Technology?

Eric J. Hansen

Jun 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/20/97

Hi there,

I'm wondering what Internet electronic mailing lists exist for the topic
of information technology. If there is no general (i.e., non-specific
with regard to company, product, or industry) list, I would like to
start one.

I am specifically interested in starting a mailing list to discuss
methods
for effective implementation and rollout, workplace integration issues,
strategic planning and obsolescence, etc. Other interesting topics
would include electronic commerce, intranets, extranets, and whatever
else people could come up with.

Please reply to this message or send email to:
<its...@worldmachine.com>
I would specifically like feedback on the following:

1. is there already a mailing list like this in existence? (and if so,
can you provide me with a reference to it?)

2. is a general-purpose IT mailing list such as the one I am proposing
too "broad" in scope? If so, what are your suggestions for narrowing
it while still being non-specific (as mentioned above).

My intent would be to provide a free mailing list service where
professionals can share useful information about problems and solutions
in a high signal (low noise and nospam) forum. I'm interesting in
learning from others while at the same time offering my own experience
and knowledge for public consumption.

Thanks very much!!

Regards,
Eric Hansen