ALL messages from upstream rejected

1 view

Daniel W. Fitzpatrick, Sr.

Jan 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/25/98

Please help a newbie news admin:

INND was working perfectly on one machine, but that machine was overloaded,
so I got a new machine with a disk array, more memory, and a faster
processor. I changed the DNS name to point to the new machine's IP address
and copied all of the configuration files over to the new machine. Now the
new machine is receiving the feed, but all of the messages are being
rejected... Why? How can I find out why? What do I do after I have
pulled out all of my hair?

Thanks in advance...

da...@doubled.com
Daniel W. Fitzpatrick, Sr.

Gary Smith

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

On Sun, 25 Jan 1998 17:03:12 GMT, we are led to believe that Daniel W.
Fitzpatrick, Sr. AKA <sup...@doubled.com> wrote:

:INND was working perfectly on one machine, but that machine was overloaded,

:so I got a new machine with a disk array, more memory, and a faster
:processor. I changed the DNS name to point to the new machine's IP address
:and copied all of the configuration files over to the new machine. Now the
:new machine is receiving the feed, but all of the messages are being
:rejected... Why? How can I find out why? What do I do after I have
:pulled out all of my hair?

Could you maybe give us a bit more background, such as which errors you're
getting?

--
Gary Smith | Random numbers should
uni...@netcomuk.co.uk | not be generated by
| random. - D.E. Knuth

Grimlaf

Feb 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/1/98

Daniel W. Fitzpatrick, Sr. wrote:

> Please help a newbie news admin:
>
> INND was working perfectly on one machine, but that machine was overloaded,
> so I got a new machine with a disk array, more memory, and a faster
> processor. I changed the DNS name to point to the new machine's IP address
> and copied all of the configuration files over to the new machine. Now the
> new machine is receiving the feed, but all of the messages are being
> rejected... Why? How can I find out why? What do I do after I have
> pulled out all of my hair?
>
> Thanks in advance...

toss me a bit more information and we'll see what we can do.

Dan Tedrick