Printer Problem

Fábio Ladeira

Aug 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/25/99
Hello everbody,

I am having problems of impression of reports of a program in clipper
rotating in computers that rotate Windows NT 4.0.
The impression is very slow. Approximately 1 line to every 10 seconds. But
if I leave of the program, the impression is normal (fast).
Does anybody have some idea of the one what I can do to improve the acting?
For while the slowness was only detected in printers Epson LX300, LQxxx

Operating system: Windows NT 4.0
Service Pack: 3, 4 or 5.

- AJS

Aug 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/25/99
Hi Fabio,
Is this a 16-bit application? If so, create a shortcut to launch the
application, right-click on it and choose the "Misc." tab. Change the Idle
Sensitivity from "Low" (Default) to 50% by pulling the slider half-way to
"High." This will change the percentage of time the processor spends
servicing the VDM your application runs in. Use the Task Manager to monitor
NTVDM for CPU Usage. Make the change, restart the application from the new
shortcut, and note the difference. Printing should be dramatically improved
as well.

Good luck,
- AJS

Fábio Ladeira wrote in message <37c3f...@news.americasnet.com>...

>Hello everbody,
>
>I am having problems of impression of reports of a program in clipper
>rotating in computers that rotate Windows NT 4.0.
>The impression is very slow. Approximately 1 line to every 10 seconds. But
>if I leave of the program, the impression is normal (fast).

(SNIP)